First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

Hall, you sound like an old-fashioned American Super Citizen. "I sure wish this country would pass some better laws," says Joe Public. Otis replies "If you don't like it, move to Russia!" The SENIOR part of Senior Member Hall has spoken truly. How dare I ask for a choice from Dish Network. I should just lay down and take it or switch providers. HA HA! I wonder if that's their mentality with people who want locals, or new channels, etc.? "Too bad! Switch to Directtv..." Come on Hall. Dish makes concessions to certain requests.

mattardo said:
Hall, you sound like an old-fashioned American Super Citizen. "I sure wish this country would pass some better laws," says Joe Public. Otis replies "If you don't like it, move to Russia!" The SENIOR part of Senior Member Hall has spoken truly. How dare I ask for a choice from Dish Network. I should just lay down and take it or switch providers. HA HA! I wonder if that's their mentality with people who want locals, or new channels, etc.? "Too bad! Switch to Directtv..." Come on Hall. Dish makes concessions to certain requests.

HERE-HERE!:hatsoff:

mattardo said:
Come on Hall. Dish makes concessions to certain requests.
Yes, they certainly do. But if you believe they are going to make pick-and-choose software updates, don't hold your breathe !

I realize that they won't allow me to pick and choose. The reason I posted on this forum was to discover the details of the update, and as an aside I mentioned my reasons. I believe it escalated beyond my intentions. As I said before, if the benefits outweigh the disadvantages, then I will download it. Otherwise, I'll just ask my local old ones if their arthritis is flaring up and plan my day accordingly.

No unfortuanly.I'm betting it will be sometimes in November or December before it's on.I hope I'm wrong.

gbfdcapt4b said:
...is this feature on yet?
Rest assured, there are likely people checking ch 214 every few minutes, only to be disappointed.... But when it does come on, they'll rush to their PCs and announce it here ! :D

----

Jeff003 said:
No unfortuanly.I'm betting it will be sometimes in November or December before it's on.I hope I'm wrong.

i'm sure that was there intent to start with,you know how dish like's to start
rumors 6mo's in advance that it will be here tomorrow.:hatsoff:

Wow, I thought we would get this by now then I thought "Is this any surprise? This is Dish Network we are talking about here."

Dish's web site says "coming soon". Did it say this in late September, or did it say "Now available" and get changed when Dish realized they spoke too soon again? :(

it said both, now say comming soon,in dish terms somethime next yr. probably.
it's hard to understand the problem,the weather channel already has this setup
they run it to every cable city in america, so we have to presume it's again another
dish problem, so maybe they should hire cable tech's to show them how,
and "GET UR DONE''.

I called Dish awhile back and asked them when HDTV on satellite was going to upgrade to the amount of channels that they are transmitting on regular satellite and they said they have no idea. HMMM. interesting. Any new news on that front?

cobra2225 said:
it said both, now say comming soon,in dish terms somethime next yr. probably.
it's hard to understand the problem,the weather channel already has this setup
they run it to every cable city in america, so we have to presume it's again another
dish problem, so maybe they should hire cable tech's to show them how,
and "GET UR DONE''.
no they dont.. this is an entirely new interactive setup that cable companies are drooling over

Many many years ago on several episodes of the Charlie Chat, we were told that various models of DVR would have a software update to include name-based-recording. We were told it would happen at the end of that year. That was many years ago. I think they forgot. Maybe we'll NEVER get the Weather Channel Interactive. Begin the panic. NOW! 214 will soon be an extra charge each month! $5.98 (cheapest weather channel fee around!) service fee per month. No charge to add...$5.oo to cancel Weather Channel programming (cheapest cancellation fee around!). Bwahahahaha.... you heard it here first.

This feature is gonna rawk o_O and it is way better than cable! They only get LOCAL local on the 8s, we can get anything we want! :D w00t!

Almost 100 posts and a mis-leading thread title about something nobody apparently knows anything about?

Ok I got an answer about the Weather Channel and the AT&T Homezone receiver.

Currently the homezone box does not currently support OpenTV which is the bulk of the interactive applications. There is a plan to add that feature later next year.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I got an answer about the Weather Channel and the AT&T Homezone receiver.

Currently the homezone box does not currently support OpenTV which is the bulk of the interactive applications. There is a plan to add that feature later next year.

So does that mean we all wait until the Homezone boxes are updated?

No. As Dish's website says regarding this upcoming Weather Channel feature, "* Not available on some receiver models." They aren't going to delay a release until ALL receivers are capable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)