First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

hall said:
No. As Dish's website says regarding this upcoming Weather Channel feature, "* Not available on some receiver models." They aren't going to delay a release until ALL receivers are capable.
umm thats not possible..not all receivers support dish home

If it's going to be late next year they need to take the coming soon announcement off of channel 100.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I got an answer about the Weather Channel and the AT&T Homezone receiver.

Currently the homezone box does not currently support OpenTV which is the bulk of the interactive applications. There is a plan to add that feature later next year.

In my last post I mistakely thought this was for all recievers but as I read it again it says the at&t homezone so I assume it means late next year for the homezon at&t receiver and not for the dish receivers.Correct me if I'm wrong.

drjdan said:
How can I tell if I have the new or old? I have a 622 and it is shows that it is sponsored by AccuWeather.

that's the old one - the new one will show TWC - The Weather Channel .. nobody has it yet - its not gone live ...

... more hurry up and wait from E*

:)

drjdan said:
How can I tell if I have the new or old? I have a 622 and it is shows that it is sponsored by AccuWeather.
The "new" one will be integrated into the existing channel 214 (The Weather Channel's normal channel today).

Will you do the setup when tuned to channel 214? Once setup, will it come up the normal speed like other channels or slow like Dish Home?

Hopefully on channel 214 it will be normal speed.On channel 100 it may take a little longer to load.

drjdan said:
Will you do the setup when tuned to channel 214? Once setup, will it come up the normal speed like other channels or slow like Dish Home?
Maybe you should read the entire thread.... or at least Scott's initial posts where he explains this....

BillH said:
Does anyone have any idea when the new weather stuff might be activated?

That's the test - supposedly the answer is hidden somewhere within this thread. pullhair[1].gif

----

Jeff003 said:
If it's going to be late next year they need to take the coming soon announcement off of channel 100.

this is the kind of stuff that dish id good for, for drawing new customer,all talk
little action

nope, that wasn't an issue with me, but i'm sure it is or will be to some, and we all know what cooming soon means in in the dish launguage,(maybe in 07 :)
if it was that big of an issue with me i'd be on cable .

I noticed this morning at the top of the hour that the Dish logo was on the screen with an id code of 027120 in the top right hand corner. Does anyone know what that code means?

622 backhaul question

Homeowners Association on the Warpath - Advice Please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts