First Look: TV2 IR Converter Kit

Pick me! Me!

I intend to use one of these converters to control TV2 on my 722, moving my Hava Platinum HD over to TV2 from TV1. My TV2 remote is already camping on address 1, while my TV1 remote is using address 2. So I'm all set.

Do I understand that you unplug the IR Eye on the converter, as well as the IR blaster hardware on your Slingbox, and plug in a direct-connect cable instead? I wonder if that will work with a Hava?

Edit: Ah, I see from closer inspection of your pic 6 that the IR Eye is not removable. :p

So is this going to work with the Hava. Would you plug in the ir blaster into the back and attach them to the ir "eye". I hope it does

So is this going to work with the Hava. Would you plug in the ir blaster into the back and attach them to the ir "eye".
Since I didn't win, I can't try this out. But going from the IR blaster output of the Hava to the IR Eye of the converter should most certainly work. What I was asking about was the direct-connect cable. This would take the place of the IR Blaster, and make the IR Eye on the converter superfluous.

I can't wait to get one of these. I just got my Slingbox and today when I went to go watch something our 14 y/o that is out of school was hogging the TV.

My plan is to have the Slingbox Pro-HD hooked to TV1 and TV2 outputs of my 722 and use the TV1 output when I can since i'm guessing the picture will be better since its an HD source.

Thank you Scott,
I’ve never won a public raffle before, this is awesome!
I would like to take this opportunity and express to all that I am fully grateful for the community that has developed here over the years.
Have you rec'd it yet? Hooked it up? How does work for you? What is your application?

Ordered mine yesterday. Hopefully I will now have a solution to 84yr old mother-in-law's complaining about remote being too complicated and not being able to see the buttons.

No need to offer other suggestions on how to stop mother-in-law complaints, at least not the illegal ones.

I received my converter yesterday, hooked it up last night and it's working great. Now I won't have to worry about my son in Detroit hijacking my 622 when I want to use it, LOL.

Couple of things.......

I had to go through the setup for my Slingbox again because it had been hooked up via component when I was using TV1.

I had to use an additional splitter to connect the converter and my off air antenna to the antenna input of the 622 to continue to receive my locals OTA on TV1. I was concerned about possible signal loss by doing that but it doesn't seem to be a problem. So if you get locals OTA and want to continue doing so you'll want to have an extra splitter on hand. I receive mine from Dish as well but didn't want to lose the extra tuner.

Neither of these things were a big deal, just hadn't anticipated 'em. Good product!:up

Ed

BTW, I do notice a bit of a downgrade in pic quality by having to use composite instead of component but its acceptable.........

Last edited:
Well...I got mine in today. I've tried everything, but can't get it to work. I've changed my remote number for TV2 to "1", but then my Harmony remote no longer works on my receiver.

I change everything back, check the switches on the converter, and it's like it's not hooked up at all; it doesn't even respond with just Dish remotes....

Ahhhh....I'm ready to go nuts!!!

PS...First post...yay!!!

Got mine set up today, and switched the Slingbox over to TV2 of my ViP722 with no problems. Actually, it took a little fiddling with the A/B switch on the converter, since I couldn't find the corresponding switch on my remote, but with only 2 choices it wasn't hard to figure out :).
Now the expat family can watch football while I watch movies in HD. I just wish it had come out a year ago.

Got mine in and set it up to use an IR remote upstairs to controll TV2 functions on the dual mode receiver downstairs.
Works great, so far has stopped the mother-in-law complaints, and all is well again.

Well...I got mine in today. I've tried everything, but can't get it to work. I've changed my remote number for TV2 to "1", but then my Harmony remote no longer works on my receiver.

I change everything back, check the switches on the converter, and it's like it's not hooked up at all; it doesn't even respond with just Dish remotes....

Ahhhh....I'm ready to go nuts!!!

PS...First post...yay!!!

Try hooking it up behind the receiver and see if that works, this way you can troubleshoot your wiring if necessary.

So. Would this doo-dad work for me? I've got a VIP Duo 222k. TV1 is hooked up to my HD LCD. I want to hook TV2 up to my Series 2 TIVO and somehow have the IR sensors utilize this kit to control TV2 and record those stations.

Should it work?

They are coming to install my setup on Saturday. Is this something these installers have or will I need to order it and do it myself?

TIA!

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts