FIRST LOOK - ViP 922 Slingloaded DVR

Not without buying the optional OTA module. With the OTA module you should be able to record two SAT and two OTA channels at once.

I should be getting my OTA module this week and I'll verify this.
I await your report with baited breath.

I am hoping that someone knows about being able to use the sling functionality on a local home network without the need for a broadband connection. Many people out in the sticks can't get broadband (satellite don't count due to FAP).

The 922 requires a broadband internet connection at your home before they will sell it to you, at least thats what the dish salesperson and the installer told me. Given the functionalty bugs so far, your better off keeping your 622 or 722, and just buying an external sling box... IMO

What's funny is that the actual units still say "Duo DVR" on the front. I'm looking at it now and just got installed this morning.

Will TV2 be eventually added back in? I see no reason to buy this if my wife can't watch her programs in the bedroom while I watch what I want in the living room. Will there eventually be a 922 Duo DVR? By the way, is there a comparison chart for the 722 and the 922?

Last edited:
Kind of off the subject, but if they can get the internet browser going on the 922 and if you can access things like MLB TV, they will have a big winner on there hands. I just downloaded MLB on my PS3, picture is pretty good

You can breathe now. I tested it last night and I was able to record 4 shows at the same time two on the SAT and TWO on the OTA.
Awesome! Thanks. Does anyone know, by the way, if I could transfer recordings from my current DVR to a new one with my external hard drive?

Awesome! Thanks. Does anyone know, by the way, if I could transfer recordings from my current DVR to a new one with my external hard drive?

I believe you can do it with other receivers but when I got my replacement 922 they said I could not transfer my shows from my old 922. They said this is coming but not here yet for the 922.

Ethewi

If you decide to get the 922 - make sure you have a good wireless bridge. I've used a linksys before - the power adapter always bothered me - now I'm using the ethewi.com wireless bridge device - it works like a USB stick - no power adapter no cables

Getting the 922 installed right now. The technicians are having trouble making the remote work but the new receiver and its interface look really great. Anybody else have trouble getting the remote to work during install?

My installer had trouble with remote too... he had to reboot it or something to make it work.

ALSO
I was concerned that I would have to run a wire from router to 922 or IF i could use a wireless usb, but was happy that install came free with a SlingLink.

SlingLink- wires to your router and then all electrical plugs in the house have internet connection that all boxes including 722 can use. No need for phone wires or internet into any dish boxes.

Evidently when the 922 starts up it automatically assumes it is linked to a smaller and older remote (perhaps the one they originally designed for the machine) different from the remote they give you. One of the techs googled and found the solution to the problem on a very helpful Web site. Which web site? Yes, you guessed it.. SatelliteGuys.us. I'm not kidding. They couldn't figure it out until he found the step by step process on this web site to unlink the smaller, older, and not-present remote so that they could link the new remote. So Thank You to SatelliteGuys.us for helping with my 922 installation! :)

Man, I really want to switch to Dish Network for this receiver.
It looks awesome and it seems to be a very good receiver with tons of features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)