FIRST LOOK - ViP 922 Slingloaded DVR

Where can you find media extenders for cheap for windows media player? Cheapest ones I could find were around $100. What all can you use as a media extender? I was hoping to find something that would connect from HDMI/coax/RCA wires right into a network from a receiver then another device connect directly to a television instead of having to go through a computer.

Do you have an Xbox 360? It works as one

It comes with one 32.0 remotes. I don't believe extra remotes are on sale yet, but will be soon.

Remember that you can use any universal remote with it as well, just program it for Dish Network remote address 1. :)

Ok, I just got my 922 yesterday, I use to be a DirecTV user and can't seem to get my URC 980 to work with this unit. Please tell me Dish wasn't dumb enough to make this unit a UHF only unit... Scott when you say "any universal remote" do you mean any or just Dish RF universal remotes?

The remote it comes with I guess is a UHF only, so I can't learn from it so I'm using 722 codes but no response.

Anyone else have this working?

Thanks.

I am hoping that someone knows about being able to use the sling functionality on a local home network without the need for a broadband connection. Many people out in the sticks can't get broadband (satellite don't count due to FAP).

Anyone know the answer to this yet? I am wanting to run the second tv to a laptop on the lan.

922 IR Codes

Does Anyone know the IR codes for the red, green, yellow and blue (It looks like only the red is currently used for Jump). The remote is a UHF only so I can't learn them directly. I was able to use the 722 codes for everything else. I'm programing a URC MX-980.

Thanks.

922 DVR issues

Has anyone had problems with the new 922 receiver? The installer had problems authorizing and downloading software. Had to swap it for another 922. Now having problems with the DVR functions. Rewinding, pausing, recording shows and playing recorded shows on both tuners. Is this a known issue or is my receiver faulty? Is there a software update expected soon?

Suggestion: They should fix the picture on the iphone's Slingplayer so that the HD channels are in widescreen format and not cut off at the edges. When you set it to letterbox it just smashes the picture.

Suggestion: They should fix the picture on the iphone's Slingplayer so that the HD channels are in widescreen format and not cut off at the edges. When you set it to letterbox it just smashes the picture.

It's not a problem with the iphones slingplayer. Theproblem is the way the 922 send a SD signal it cuts of the edges making it a 4x3 image. What they should be doing with the 922 is what a seperate slingbox does and sent SD in anamorphic widescreen.

I'm looking at getting one of the new 922 but would like to know will it let you hook up like a USB wireless adapter?? Just trying to not have to run Cat from my wireless router to the DVR so forth??

Hey so talking on chat CSR saying its only extra $10 bucks a month with the new 922 is this correct? She noted my account that I could get the promo for $200 upgrade as well.

I want the ViP922 for the new 8 HD channel additions. :p

Not having a 3rd tuner (OTA) is a major draw back for me.
1) I don't want to spend more money on the extra part.
2) I don't have any room for the extra part.

Silly how a ViP622 (2 generations old) has a 3rd tuner. The ViP922 is supposed to be an upgrade from the ViP622. Give us a 4th tuner. ha.

Has anyone had problems with the new 922 receiver? The installer had problems authorizing and downloading software. Had to swap it for another 922. Now having problems with the DVR functions. Rewinding, pausing, recording shows and playing recorded shows on both tuners. Is this a known issue or is my receiver faulty? Is there a software update expected soon?

I have been having major recording issues with mine. It will say it's recording a show but it never shows up in my DVR list. Three shows that it said it recorded today are no where to be found. I was even at the box while it said it was recording a show but it didn't list in my DVR view. This has been going on since day 1 (a little over a week).

Dish is sending me a new one. I sure hope it's hardware. Glad I can pay $200 and an extra $4 bucks a month for a DVR that is so unreliable.

Hey so talking on chat CSR saying its only extra $10 bucks a month with the new 922 is this correct? She noted my account that I could get the promo for $200 upgrade as well.

Poke, it's not exactly an extra $10. It's $10 total for the DVR fee compared to $6. So $4 more for the 922 DVR fee compared to the other DVRs.

I want the ViP922 for the new 8 HD channel additions. :p

Not having a 3rd tuner (OTA) is a major draw back for me.
1) I don't want to spend more money on the extra part.
2) I don't have any room for the extra part.

Silly how a ViP622 (2 generations old) has a 3rd tuner. The ViP922 is supposed to be an upgrade from the ViP622. Give us a 4th tuner. ha.
So if I got a 922, I couldn't record two shows off Dish while also recording a third OTA show? That's kind of a big deal for me sometimes.

So if I got a 922, I couldn't record two shows off Dish while also recording a third OTA show? That's kind of a big deal for me sometimes.

Not without buying the optional OTA module. With the OTA module you should be able to record two SAT and two OTA channels at once.

I should be getting my OTA module this week and I'll verify this.