FIRST LOOK - ViP 922 Slingloaded DVR

Do you know what remote(s) are included with the 922 and how much extra UHF ones cost?
It comes with one 32.0 remotes. I don't believe extra remotes are on sale yet, but will be soon.

Remember that you can use any universal remote with it as well, just program it for Dish Network remote address 1. :)

It comes with one 32.0 remotes. I don't believe extra remotes are on sale yet, but will be soon.

Remember that you can use any universal remote with it as well, just program it for Dish Network remote address 1. :)
Ahh, OK. So the included 32.0 remote can be used as UHF?

Thanks alot acott :) U ROCK
But i heard we getting some HD channels too this month..do u know when?
Thank you
P.s i do have ATT DSL..woundering what is the best and good router is out there
to buy please!

Great Job Scott - new guide is really, really beautiful - any chance of seeing it on the other Dish VIP boxes like the 622 and 722?
At the present time, I'll take a pass, 'cause with a little 5-month Ms Travelfan1 in the house now, I using advice from a friend and getting to bed the second the little one gets to sleep :) Furthermore, as a DSL user with 768k upload speed, from the review that would mean no HD streaming for me. And my only other option currently just won something at Federal Courts that will allow them to throttle Dish/Sling as much as they want, so....

Great Job Scott - new guide is really, really beautiful - any chance of seeing it on the other Dish VIP boxes like the 622 and 722?

From what I understand from reading this forum and others such as AVS, only the 722k is capable of a similar guide because it shares the same processor (BCM7400) and much of the same code base as the 922. But knowing Dish they will probably keep the new guide only on the 922 for marketing reasons.

Just ordered mine. Will be here tomorrow! I hope the external hard drive feature is enabled. I'm a little behind on my TV shows!

Just ordered mine. Will be here tomorrow! I hope the external hard drive feature is enabled. I'm a little behind on my TV shows!
You can watch shows you have recorded on your 622/722 on the 922 with your EHD, but you can not currently record from the 922 to the EHD.

Hopefully thats available shortly. :)

Look forward to your review. :)

I'm at work and tried to read thread and I know it's been mentioned but will 922 ever have web browser. That and 2nd tv output and I want one.

Is there a fee to use Sling, that you pay to sling vs Dish or is everything covered under the $4 more a month and $200 fee?

Yes it mirrors TV2, and you can set up the channel output in the modulator settings. :)

I'm sorry to be so obtuse here, Scott, but if it is in single mode not using the sling on TV2, what would you see coming out? Would you see the same thing as TV1?

BTW, great job on the first look document.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts