Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US is PROUD to give you your FIRST LOOK of the DISH Network ViP 922 SlingLoaded HD DVR!

We hope you enjoy this first look of the 922 and in normal SatelliteGuys style we didn't sugar coat our review, we tell it like it is!

We here at SatelliteGuys feel that an educated consumer makes better decissions and we are proud to be able to offer you this first look so you can decide if this is a product which is best for you and your family!

We are also proud that no other website has or will give you more information on the 922 then here at SatelliteGuys.US!

We are proud to be your Satellite Information Source!

If you have any questions about the 922 or our review, please leave them here in this thread. In addition I will be placing the full size photos online for download from this review.

If you wish to order a 922 for yourself, I urge you to run the connectivity tool found at http://dishconnectivity.sling.com/ to make sure your broadband setup can handle the 922.

All screenshots for this review were captured using a Slingbox Pro HD hooked up to the TV1 component output on the 922.

A thank you to the SatelliteGuys staff for their help bringing you this First Look, and THANK YOU to our Pub Member supporters who help us keep the lights on for all here at SatelliteGuys.US! For more information on how you can support SatelliteGuys.US and keep all this great information flowing please CLICK HERE.

Now please enjoy our First Look of the new DISH Network ViP 922 SlingLoaded HD DVR!

Attachments

• SatelliteGuys 922 First Look.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 13,413
Last edited:
Please Note...

If you are looking to order one of these units from DISH Network it is advised to wait until at least tommorow afternoon to call DISH Network to obtain a 922.

Aviod wasting your time and getting upset and wait to order.

Also I will post details on how to order one to own from our friends at DISHSTORE.NET as soon as I get it. The supply of 922's is limited at the moment.

Thanks for your understanding!

Last edited:
Good review Scott. Could use a bit more "elfing" but that's ok. I think it is a fair and honest review with most of the information that we want. By the way, I'm assuming that this is "IT"?

Two questions

1) Please do check on if you can watch programs on External HD on new reciever. That would probably be a biggie for me.

2) Any idea on how much this would cost to upgrade via Dish with a new 2 year contract?

Question on TV2 Mirroring

Scott, I am still trying to understand how I could mirror the TV1 output to my second TV. I know I need to get the MT2 Tuner right? But how does that mirror the TV1 output? Can I just use the same 32.0 remote in the other room for it?

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of DLNA video streaming. This thing might have been darn near perfect with that. I guess it's fate that my TiVo has been acting up lately. A phone call is in my future...

1) Please do check on if you can watch programs on External HD on new reciever. That would probably be a biggie for me.

2) Any idea on how much this would cost to upgrade via Dish with a new 2 year contract?
1)idk..

2) 200 with a 24mo commitment.. you have to pass the broadband test too

This seems to be a really impressive receiver. It looks nice and the guide plus the extra features are wonderful. I already have two 722k's with AEP and a 211k thanks to Scott and Claude from the Dish Store but...... I am embarrassed as it is when I tell my friends and family what I pay each month for TV. For those of you who get one I really hope that it brings you and your family much joy. I am however a middle, middle income guy with all the other bills that come with that economic status. I know my limitations. With some regrets, I am sad but proud and smart to say it has no place in my home. Maybe one day.......:)

Last edited:
Great review Scott, The geek in me so wants to put in a order today, even though I have a slingbox hooked up to my 722. This reciever would be a great replacement for my 612 in the main room, especially with the PIP. But I will have to hold off untill later this summer most likely :( Got to get the family budget geared up for our florida vacation. I will take a look at getting this in late summer/Fall

Congrats to all those that make the plunge today! and conitnue to let us know what you think!!

Though maybe I will call just for the heck of it to see what lease price I am at ;)

Quick question...

Can you control "TV1" from both IR and UHF (or whatever it uses now) remotes at the same time?

I have my VIP 622 shared to several TVs via HDMI splitters but I control it via IR downstairs and UHF upstairs.

Of course all the TVs have the same output displayed but at least I can control it from anywhere in the house.

Oh, one more question (sorry!)...

You said you can control the receiver with a USB keyboard. Does that work in ALL menus/guide, etc? Do you need a mouse or does the KB work for everything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts