First time 6' Cband Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, your location as " East Bubba" doesn't really give us a lot to go on. - :rolleyes:

At the top of this page, is a link to The List and to Dispointer.com.
You'll find an elevation caculator on both.

As for general setup of a BUD, I recommend the Geo-Orbit web site.

If you are going to track the whole arc with a polar mount, initially, you need to find the sat that is as close to directly south of you, as possible. It is the one that will be at the highest elevation, relative to all the others.

I am at Zip 18702, would like to get as much of the arc as i can on a polar mount.

Hi, it looks like your lat and long is near 41.24N and 75.88W. If you have Ku band use Horizon 2 at 74W. If only C-band you might have to use AMC 6 at 72W

Looks like the elevation will be around 42 degrees but you should go to dishpointer.com and get the exact settings for your exact location..

Hope this helps, DC

I Have an old BUD and old receiver, also have a glorystar 36" dish with Fortec MercuryII receiver,
Will it drive the bud, do I need a new receiver for fta? on the bud?

I Have an old BUD and old receiver, also have a glorystar 36" dish with Fortec MercuryII receiver,
Will it drive the bud, do I need a new receiver for fta? on the bud?

To actually drive the BUD actuator, you'll need a Gbox or Vbox Diseqc 1.2 positioner, unless you can still drive the BUD with your old receiver, and either slave the Merc II to the old receiver, or use a dual output lnbf ( like DMX242 ) for the Merc II. If your old receiver still drives the dish, I'd be inclined to put a dual lnbf on it, and use the Merc II for viewing and the old receiver for positioning. Cheapest way to go, I think.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)