4dtv 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tanka

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Toronto Canada
after december31/2010 the 4dtv are ok to move the dish for free to air .I uze all the satellites on the 4dtv for free to air from 139 west to 55.5 west and 30 west and 15 west cband and ku band

Why not? It will still be a dish mover and be able to still subscribe to the w5 channels.

Why not? It will still be a dish mover and be able to still subscribe to the w5 channels.
There has been some discussion as to how good of a dish mover this will be after the first of the yearif yu do sub to w5, but yes you will be able to sub to w5 with it after the first of the year
Terry

4dtv only to move dish

Setup for my 4dtv +ku+c band and vantage azbox and pansat 9200 ku+c go to two hi freq splitters 4X1 then the power side from ku and from c band go to 4dtv and the rest go to two qualitv nds7014 disqc switchs and to the free to air receivers.Now I want to keep my 4dtv out from the lnbs but at sametime be able to move the dish and working the servo motor .can samebody explain a new setup .4Dtv cables from the lnbs out to?samebody explain thanks

Last edited:
setup for the 4dtv

Setup for my 4dtv +ku+c band and vantage azbox and pansat 9200 ku+c go to two hi freq splitters 4X1 then the power side from ku and from c band go to 4dtv and the rest go to two qualitv nds7014 disqc switchs and to the free to air receivers.Now I want to keep my 4dtv out from the lnbs but at sametime be able to move the dish and working the servo motor .can samebody explain a new setup .4Dtv cables from the lnbs out to?samebody explain thanks

I'm not totally sure I understand what your wanting to do so this may be way wrong. What I've done at this time to one of my 4DTV receivers is to hook a small TV(5") to the F connector TV output so I can use the 4DTV to move my now FTA dish. This way I can see what needs to be moved and not having to jump between receivers to view things. And as I convert my remaining 4 dishes to FTA I'll just move the TV or install a switch to select the other units. My 10' will be for W5 and SkyVision programing. Hope this helps.

im pretty sure i replied once to your question on some forum already. the 4dtv does not need to be connected to the lnb to control the dish and servo. simply pick on of your other recievers to power the lnb(on this reciever all tps will be horizontal to provide 18 volts to your lnbs). the other recievers should be slaved off like normal and the 4dtv will still be used to select sat and polarity. all you have to do is remove the coax from the back of the 4d and connect the master reciever to the power passing ports of your splitters.

crackt out,.

If your English was better we might be able to figure out what you're saying. Also, can you post a diagram of your current configuration rather than describing it?

I'm not sure why you would want to do this. But you can use the 4dtv to move the dish and select polarity without connecting the lnbs to to the 4dtv. You would have to use one of your other receivers to power the lnbs but you would no longer receive analog or DCII signals.

I did move the cables for c+ ku from the 4dtv to one old receiver I find in my besement startrak500+switch for c+ku and workig fine the receiver are broken a long time but did working to power the lnbs so my problem are solve.Thankyou to all.

If the 4DTV subs die and can no longer get sat maps, then we'll need an alternative for moving the BUD for FTA. The Gbox and Vbox are about the only ones available and so far they haven't worked out well for me because I need one that will work well with an Azbox without having to use the Gbox remote. Some say they have no problems with the Azbox controlling a Gbox but that hasn't been my experience. :rant::mad:

I have a few analog receivers here I can use if the 4D lost it's maps that I have in there now. Right now my game plan is to not subscribe to W5 unless we get all the satellites including generics mapped. I hate to say it but unless Skyvision and SRL make a few changes ASAP to get us things needed as budheads they will loose out on quite a few. IMHO Sky/SRL should be working to move forward if they intend to be in this long term. If they plan to just ride out the old 4D technology till HITS changes everything to combo then it's not worth buying into and the days of C band subscription is over. All I can hope for is that if thats the case Charlie and NPS go out of business for what they caused. I doubt Sobongo will go far and Dish Network is really doing there share to piss off their subscribers lately, with many jumping ship. That will lead to Charlie's downfall.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts