4dtv 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a few analog receivers here I can use if the 4D lost it's maps that I have in there now. Right now my game plan is to not subscribe to W5 unless we get all the satellites including generics mapped. I hate to say it but unless Skyvision and SRL make a few changes ASAP to get us things needed as budheads they will loose out on quite a few. IMHO Sky/SRL should be working to move forward if they intend to be in this long term. If they plan to just ride out the old 4D technology till HITS changes everything to combo then it's not worth buying into and the days of C band subscription is over. All I can hope for is that if thats the case Charlie and NPS go out of business for what they caused. I doubt Sobongo will go far and Dish Network is really doing there share to piss off their subscribers lately, with many jumping ship. That will lead to Charlie's downfall.
I feel the same way, except like an idiot a few years ago I got rid of my last analog receiver so I need to get something that does not require a battery just to remember where the sats are.
Terry

I have a few analog receivers here I can use if the 4D lost it's maps that I have in there now. Right now my game plan is to not subscribe to W5 unless we get all the satellites including generics mapped. I hate to say it but unless Skyvision and SRL make a few changes ASAP to get us things needed as budheads they will loose out on quite a few. IMHO Sky/SRL should be working to move forward if they intend to be in this long term. If they plan to just ride out the old 4D technology till HITS changes everything to combo then it's not worth buying into and the days of C band subscription is over. All I can hope for is that if thats the case Charlie and NPS go out of business for what they caused. I doubt Sobongo will go far and Dish Network is really doing there share to piss off their subscribers lately, with many jumping ship. That will lead to Charlie's downfall.

Might as well subscribe to show that there's a big interest in 4D subs. You have the box so why hold out? You'll only be contributing to the demise of 4D by doing so. It's possible that if they do go to combo mode then there might be a trade in program to help keep our costs down. Technology will advance which will cost us some bucks down the road. Anyway, It's your choice whether or not to subscribe, of course. I'm considering adding some subs even though they're only renewing to December 31 right now and despite my aversion to paying to watch commercials.

As for the pizza dish, I'd like to see both DN and DTV die a horrible death. :up

IF they remap the 922's so they can have the generic maps I would think about picking up some W5 programming, if not NO. I need the generics to watch masters when they go ITC. That will make or break it for me.

Cable programming is not an issue anymore since this whole fiasco forced me into getting DirecTv. I have a year and 9 months to still pay them because of the stupid contract. I also got sick and tired of hearing the sky is falling on the 4D. I spent almost $600.00 for my 922 in 2006 to watch digital C band. I got less than 4 years of programming out of it. My Monterey 50 I had before, I got 15 years of programming out of it. I tried my best to suggest to NPS and SRL on what channels we needed to get in the last 3+ years. Most of my requests fell on deaf ears.

If Sky/SRL/Comcast gets some good stuff going I am there. If I will loose functionality It's not going to happen on my end since like I said I value the generic maps. If Motorola really wanted to work with us they would release the software upgrade GI was working on for the 922's before they sold that would allow us to operate them as a FTA receiver, to enter in our own channel maps and satellites.

Time will tell what will happen. I still have subs till Sept 28th then its no more 4D for at least a while for me. That money has been allocated to DirecTv now. Lets face it NPS really screwed things up this year. I appreciate what SRL/Sky is doing and wish them all the best. I'm taking a wait and see attitude. Not much more I can do.

I will be straight fta and ota digital. I'll save that money to go toward something else. I an single with no kids so tv is optional for me not a necessity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)