First time BUD setup with no true south sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm hoping to get my BUD set up this weekend, finally. It's used and the elevation and declination angles should be fine where the dish has been moved less than 40 miles. I know where true south is because I've got my ku motorized dish set up fine by using USALS and driving it to my nearest true south. Of course, the analog receiver I got with it knows nothing about USALS.

To get this running, would I drive the dish to a sat position that the old analog receiver knows about, then use the DVB receiver's meter to set the azimuth? Or are things more difficult because I'll have to find the nearest sat by trial and error?

My nearest true south is AMC 6. It's probably in my analog receiver as F2. I'm at 63.5W.

Last edited:
Here is a helpful link, I think....
Explanation of satellite dish polar mount set-up and alignment

You should not need to change any angles in the mount for C Band.
Once assembled, you set the Dish to it's highest point in "it's" Arc.
I say "it's", 'cause you then loosen the Mount bolts so you can rotate / twist the whole thing to your proper Compass Reading for your area. that will get you close enough to start.

FYI, there is no USALS for a Bud.

You should not need to change any angles in the mount for C Band.
I had that question answered in another post. Not needing to change that doesn't break my heart.
FYI, there is no USALS for a Bud.
Oh, I know. That's why I was asking. I'm sure I could figure this all out for myself, eventually. But I figure with so many here that know exactly what to do (or where to find out) I might as well draw on that experience and save some aggravation.

BTW, I'm setting this up on my anniversary. Speed is of the essence, if I'm allowed to do it at all. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)