Fisher Communications Channels are BACK on Dish!

So how long until the laws get re-written and AAD isn't allowed to have free reign to more or less give out their services to those who can't get locals from Dish? I live in West Lafayette and the Indy stations refuse to sign waivers, so I've been SOL and will be until I go to D* (hopefully it doesn't come to that).

Well lets see it took from 1999 -2005 or 2006 to get the whole sd distant networks worked out in court. So another 6 or 7 years from now I see All American DIRECT having to turn them off an qualify people like the sd distant rules did. OF course this was the way Charlie did things with DISH. Who knows if AAD will be anywhere as obstinate as Charlie was ?

If the past is any indication, existing users/subscribers will be grandfathered if new regs are forthcoming. There are also barren zip codes where TV service is not available at all that can be used if needed. I'd suggest getting in on the deal before it disappears. Can you not get the Indy stations via satellite with E*? All but one are available iirc.

I can and have in the past "moved" to get the Indy stations, but part of me is always paranoid about consequences of moving.

AAD is SD only as of right now. But you get the East and West feed for $3.49, so $1.75 per channel. The better deal is $12.99/month for all 4 networks (8 channels in total).

KStile: Dish is launching AAD HD very very soon.

Does that mean that I would need to sign up with AAD, or will Dish just give me the channel I'm missing (KOMO) b/c of Dish's dispute with Fisher?

I'm fortunate enough that I can get KOMO-HD OTA so would never actually pay AAD for anything, but if Dish can legally give me the LA ABC in HD, I'd be all for it :).

Does that mean that I would need to sign up with AAD, or will Dish just give me the channel I'm missing (KOMO) b/c of Dish's dispute with Fisher?

I'm fortunate enough that I can get KOMO-HD OTA so would never actually pay AAD for anything, but if Dish can legally give me the LA ABC in HD, I'd be all for it :).
You would need to sign up with (and pay) AAD.

According to the uplink report, the new HD channels to be offered by AAD are on the satellite.

73 - WLS [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Chicago, IL-ABC)
74 - WBBM [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Chicago, IL-CBS)
75 - WMAQ [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Chicago, IL-N/A)
76 - WFLD [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Chicago, IL-FOX)
77 - KABC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Los Angeles, CA-ABC)
78 - KCBS [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Los Angeles, CA-CBS)
79 - KNBC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Los Angeles, CA-N/A)
80 - KTTV [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Los Angeles, CA-FOX)

I do believe that it is in Fishers best interest to settle this now, as after June 12th it appears that its not going to matter anymore.
Making a distant network feed available for an extra $3.49/month is not a solution. I'm surprised you think it is. If this doesn't "matter anymore" to Charlie, then all the subscribers served by Fisher stations are being screwed. The amount of increase being asked for by Fisher is only a fraction of $3.49/month per subscriber.

I'm not even sure how this weakens Fisher's position. They can say, "Good luck trying to convince your customers that paying $3.49/month with no local programming is a better deal than the much smaller increase we are asking."

Not a much smaller

Making a distant network feed available for an extra $3.49/month is not a solution. I'm surprised you think it is. If this doesn't "matter anymore" to Charlie, then all the subscribers served by Fisher stations are being screwed. The amount of increase being asked for by Fisher is only a fraction of $3.49/month per subscriber.

I'm not even sure how this weakens Fisher's position. They can say, "Good luck trying to convince your customers that paying $3.49/month with no local programming is a better deal than the much smaller increase we are asking."
The price that the fish is asking is double what other broadcaster get paid. To allow them to get that much means that all broadcasters will start looking to get that kind of payment.

Now that the option of distant locals will (very soon) be available via AAD, the fight between Fish and Dish is a moot point. Dish could give a rip now (soon) what Fish wants. If we call or email about Fisher channels, they'll just point us at AAD.

I won't pay $3.49/month for one channel. It's not even a viable option. That'd be $41.88/year on top of what I pay Dish (only I'd pay it to AAD), for 1 channel! That's absurd! Not even something I'd think about doing.

So, let Dish and Fish suffer on the revenue side and I'll still save $12/year on my bill with the $1/month local take-down credit. I'm sure not giving AAD almost 4 times that amount for one freakin' channel...

During certain times of the year ... having AAD might come in handy ... for example, for my 722, I have 3 tuners. There have been times where 3 tuners were not enough. Having AAD would give me an east coast and a west coast feed. That could then allow me to record something earlier (or later) allowing me to record more at the busy time. Would that be worth $3.50 ... not sure on that yet ... but it is a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)