Fisher Communications Channels are BACK on Dish!

I'm stuck with 12 months on my contract, so AAD might be an option for me. At least it will save me $200 cancellation and $500 for new equipment with D*. I am going to at least look into it, since $42 / year will be enough to keep the wife quiet for a while!!

Is this a hint at a resolution????

Channel Moves:
6265 - KATU [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(Portland, OR-ABC)
6414 - KOMO [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 45 (A) (H)(Seattle, WA-ABC)
6420 - KATU [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(Portland, OR-ABC)
7136 - KBCI [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 41 (A) (H)(Boise, ID-CBS)
7181 - KVAL [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 01 Spotbeam 3 (A) (H)(Eugene, OR-CBS)
7301 - KBAK [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 42 (A) (H)(Bakersfield, CA-CBS)
7303 - KBFX [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 42 (A) (H)(Bakersfield, CA-N/A)
7741 - KIDK [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 37 (A) (H)(Idaho Falls, ID-CBS)
8610 - KOMO [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Spotbeam 3 (A) (H)(Seattle, WA-ABC)
8624 - KUNS [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Spotbeam 3 (A) (H)(Bellevue, WA-UNI)
8670 - KATU [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(Portland, OR-ABC)
8678 - KUNP [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(La Grande, OR-UNI)
9366 - KIMA [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 12 Spotbeam 45 (A) (H)(Yakima, WA-CBS)

FISH vs DISH: Viewers Held Hostage - Day 175... and last. Quoth the prophet Roy Orbison...

IT'S OOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!

Somebody blinked. Methinks it was little Colleen.

Last edited:
I think this is funny. We saw Charlie the other night talk about Fisher, his body language and words chosen was pretty much saying "When hell freezes over they will be back." Now a couple of days later they are back? Hmmm..... did the AAD Distants have something to do with this? I 100% believe so! They saw that...checked the laws, and said "Damn! We better get our retransmission money."

I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few contracts signed in the next week.

I think this is funny. We saw Charlie the other night talk about Fisher, his body language and words chosen was pretty much saying "When hell freezes over they will be back." Now a couple of days later they are back? Hmmm..... did the AAD Distants have something to do with this? I 100% believe so! They saw that...checked the laws, and said "Damn! We better get our retransmission money."

I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few contracts signed in the next week.
:up
Good job Charlie in the recent Charlie Chat. You didn't budge and they caved in (finally).

On the flip side, I'll no longer be getting that $1/month credit for not gettting my Fisher CBS station. ;)

Everyone can speculate as to which side blinked first. Truth is, we'll never know.

Fisher could have blinked because of the AAD Distants possibility.

Charlie could have blinked because he knew giving distants to customers on retrans disputes is illegal. Maybe Charlie is starting to realize these legal fees are killing the bottom line of the business.

Again, we can speculate all we want. We'll NEVER know.

Giving Distant Network to customers on a retrans dispute is not illegal as of Saturday. As of Saturday there is no such thing as a grade B contour making subscribing to distants in those cases legal.

Everyone can speculate as to which side blinked first. Truth is, we'll never know.

Fisher could have blinked because of the AAD Distants possibility.

Charlie could have blinked because he knew giving distants to customers on retrans disputes is illegal. Maybe Charlie is starting to realize these legal fees are killing the bottom line of the business.

Again, we can speculate all we want. We'll NEVER know.

Again, you forget, Charlie is not going to provide distants, AAD is.

Giving Distant Network to customers on a retrans dispute is not illegal as of Saturday. As of Saturday there is no such thing as a grade B contour making subscribing to distants in those cases legal.

That is incorrect. The FCC when setting up DTV used contours to mirror analog coverage. They are still in effect. It's just dependent on which side of the coin your at. :) Ask a local station and they'll show you the DTV contour map. Ask Charlie and they don't exist.

Does that mean DirecTv will be handing out distant networks like candy bars at Halloween? Probably not :)

It will be interesting to see what AAD does and the reaction to it.

I'm going to enjoy seeing what happens next week after AAD is done handing it all out. I'm thinking of putting in for Chicago distants myself. What the heck, I could really use Chicago Fox for Saturday baseball in HD.:)

I agree. I think the mention/pushing of AAD and the way he talked about Fisher clearly illuminated the writing on the wall that said "When hell freezes over" and Fisher said "Hmm...I think we want the money we've been offered rather than AAD getting it." and they accepted the agreement (and likely dropped the lawsuit - does anyone know if the lawsuit has been dropped?).

I just checked after reading this and yep, KOMO-HD is back up. I didn't ever think that'd happen... Curious minds go hmmm... ;)

I agree. I think the mention/pushing of AAD and the way he talked about Fisher clearly illuminated the writing on the wall that said "When hell freezes over" and Fisher said "Hmm...I think we want the money we've been offered rather than AAD getting it." and they accepted the agreement (and likely dropped the lawsuit - does anyone know if the lawsuit has been dropped?).

I just checked after reading this and yep, KOMO-HD is back up. I didn't ever think that'd happen... Curious minds go hmmm... ;)

I find it really strange that there have been no press releases from either side.

NightRyder

I find it really strange that there have been no press releases from either side.

NightRyder

I agree, it is odd. But if Fisher relented, they probably don't want to issue a statement that they gave in, and someone probably advised Charlie not to gloat about it as that would be seen as "classless". So, no one is saying anything...and we may never know what agreement they came to and why/how of it...

I have asked for comments from both Fisher and Dish and have received no replies from eaither party.

I received an interesting email this morning from a Dish employee (or claims they work for Dish) and said that the channels were turned on by mistake. However I discounted this one since if it was a mistake they could easily turn them off again and also due to the fact that guide data is available for the channels again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)