Fisher Communications Channels are BACK on Dish!

Guys,

File a Better Business Bureau complaint against Fisher Broadcasting and KATU (or your station). Fisher has 0 complaints in a 36 month period; KATU had one complaint. They have A ratings. At a minimum let's get them a poor customer service rating for their behavior.

bbb . org

Guys,

File a Better Business Bureau complaint against Fisher Broadcasting and KATU (or your station). Fisher has 0 complaints in a 36 month period; KATU had one complaint. They have A ratings. At a minimum let's get them a poor customer service rating for their behavior.

bbb . org

I don't see it as Fisher's issue. Its Dish Networks issue. I contracted with Dish to provide TV service that included locals. Too bad for them their cost of doing business increased.

I don't see it as Fisher's issue. Its Dish Networks issue. I contracted with Dish to provide TV service that included locals. Too bad for them their cost of doing business increased.

Sorry I disagree... Too many networks are trying to take advantage of cable and satellite....

sure it's a Fisher isssue. Dish was willing to continue to broadcast the signal while they worked things out, but Fisher wouldn't let them. Or did that part escape you?

The network affiliates got addicted to all that political ad money and now are scrambling to find another trough to feed at.

A broadcast network should be forbidden to charge a fee to any viewer, directly or indirectly, within their DMA. All viewers should be treated the same whether they receive the programming OTA or via satellite/cable.

NightRyder

Wonderful...lets see.. for you the cost of local channels is now $10.99. How's that? No more local channel disputes, but you get to pay $10.99 a month for them. Would that be okay with you?

See ya
Tony

Wonderful...lets see.. for you the cost of local channels is now $10.99. How's that? No more local channel disputes, but you get to pay $10.99 a month for them. Would that be okay with you?

See ya
Tony

Works for me. I already spend $130+/month with dish..So an extra $5? BFD.

Maybe they should raise the rates..then put the pressure on the locals to not demand so much. Assuming the consumer won't pay more is arrogant on the part of Dish. If Fisher wants an 80% increase on lets say $0.50/subscriber, thats an extrat $0.40? Again..BFD

Maybe they should raise the rates..then put the pressure on the locals to not demand so much. Assuming the consumer won't pay more is arrogant on the part of Dish. If Fisher wants an 80% increase on lets say $0.50/subscriber, thats an extrat $0.40? Again..BFD
And then after the contract expires Fisher will want a $1.50 and then $2.00 and then ... Once a local gets such a large increase in carriage fees it will spread like wildfire across the country. Every rinky dink station will want a buck or more per subscriber.:( I applaud E* for setting a limit and sticking to it.:up

Then go somewhere else for your locals.

Remind me not to live anywhere near you, and your demand for prices above market value...

What about the Eugene affiliate?

Why doesn't Dish just broadcast the Eugene affiliate, KEZI, while they dicker with Fisher over fees?

Just curious, has ABC said anything about this dispute?
It affects them too, since now all people in those areas won't be watching their prime time lineup, and watching other channels instead.

Just last night the new season of scrubs aired, and I couldn't watch it on KOMO.

Seems like ABC would be getting involved and persuading KOMO to lower their asking price, or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)