Fixed to motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well you have some principles; so I'll keep my speech brief.

1) lock down the elevation setting on the two motor bolts after setting them to the manuals required reading.

2) Set where you think 6 is on the dish elevation bolt. lock it down tight enough you can barely move the dish up or down with it.

3) do aim the entire assembly towards a) true south; and have it go to 0 or the highest point of the arc.
b) make sure lnbf is exactly even/flat/at 0 mark also!
4) enter usals lon./lat. gps etc. into usals and save it in memory.
5) set all satellite names you are going to scan -> make them all usals; put an active tp into each satellite in as TP 1; the first tp on the list.
6) Call up the satellite you want to scan, let it move to the satellite position and stop; do choose a most southerly one; check the transponder for quality; move dish/motor/everything a little east/west/a little up pressure/down pressure {} until quality is being seen. Use a map if you want to find true south; many roads are built on the N/S true direction; but a satellite dish is not on the road, so you will have to make that mount assembly (line of the motor, front to back) point south one way or another.
7) Motorized dishes do skew automatically, so having the lnbf in perfect zero position is critical when changing a 97 W fixed mount onto a motor.
8) read the directions again, and check everything for correctness.
9) do not quit
10) be A personality...

I'm trying to use: EchoStar 9/Galaxy 23 at 121.0°W as my closest south sat.
But none of the TP on Lyngsat are in the TP list on the HD receiver.
Is there a way to add the TP?

Mark

yes, in the menu; the colored buttons on the remote have either edit; add; del; or scan; when in TP List. To add one, or more, TP's to the satellite listing; select the satellite u want, let it move there. Then go to TP list, select add or edit; enter the freq./pol./symbol rate and press the save button after highlighting it.

Today: Make antenna work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts