Flash Battle OVER! Apple wins Adobe loses.

Nobody ever said that.

All of this would seem to contradict that:

And one of the big advertising claims of Android will also go by the wayside.

It's still a valid advertising point. Because they're not going to continue to develop the platform (but will still do security updates as needed) doesn't mean this becomes any less of a 'advertising claim'.

Good.I think even android will benefit from this since flash is power hungry.and so will my iPad :D

Android has already and continue to benefit by having more options.

For more than a year Android/Google/Carriers have pushed that only on Android can you have access to Flash sites and video. As Adobe stops further development of the platform, that push will go away.

There's no reason they have to stop pushing this.

Again, Flash isn't just disappearing, neither is the plugin on mobile browsers.

And no, nobody said it... but I didn't say they did. People are posting here (and elsewhere) like Flash has been removed from every website and cell phone.

I don't see how anyone is 'unnerved' by this, unless Don is referring to some of the overreactions quoted above.

Flash WILL go away as there will be no more updates. As operating systems grow on devices. Flash will not be able to catch up...... Adobe has agreed. How soon will it go away is anyone's guess.

Flash WILL go away as there will be no more updates. As operating systems grow on devices. Flash will not be able to catch up...... Adobe has agreed. How soon will it go away is anyone's guess.

This I agree with, everyone's kinda got the funeral before the death here though.

Flash will still be on sites... the mobile plugin will still be updated with security and bug fixes as necessary. RIM is even going to continue developing the plugin to ensure support on future tablets/OSes so looks like will be an 'advertising claim' for some time.

...and then there's Adobe Air... which will be running Flash-based apps on most phones anyways by including a webkit browser in it's framework...

Sorry guys, I should know better than to write a "war zone" title with this group. It was a tongue in cheek title. I forgot that some would get unnerved over it.
Only issue I have is when people make inaccurate statements. I use both Apple and Android products.... I also didn't blink when I read that Adobe killed Flash. If I had a reaction, it was "so ?".

This I agree with, everyone's kinda got the funeral before the death here though.

Flash will still be on sites... the mobile plugin will still be updated with security and bug fixes as necessary. RIM is even going to continue developing the plugin to ensure support on future tablets/OSes so looks like will be an 'advertising claim' for some time.

...and then there's Adobe Air... which will be running Flash-based apps on most phones anyways by including a webkit browser in it's framework...

Well, Adobe has to fix the security issues or suffer great repercussions if they don't. Point many realize is that while Flash will still be on sites, it would be stupid for any smart web developer to convince a new client they should use Flash over html5 considering what Adobe has announced. Therefore, while Flash remains on older websites, those will be fewer and fewer in number as they get updated. I see it like, 'Yes, there are still computers running win95, but who would buy a new computer and load it with win95?' :D I had one system here with win95 only because of a software requirement. It ran fine for my task and then when the hardware and associated software was obsolete, I pulled the win95 box and into the trash.

The example of RIM is not a good one if you've been keeping up with RIM's future. They are in real trouble since they never had a good base with private individuals. Just enterprise, and last summer many companies have given way to android and iphone because of their employees' demands. RIM's enterprise business outlook is gloom and doom. Huge layoffs and a stock that has fallen off the cliff. If RIM expects to stay in business they have one choice- Android. That would just allow them to compete again. They will also need to copy the iphone form factor too. It's what people want and what sells. My wife hates her company owned BB!

Yep. You don't hear the words "crack berry" much anymore. Maybe in Europe.....

Yep. You don't hear the words "crack berry" much anymore. Maybe in Europe.....
I think Blackberries have went back to "business" users, where they are better suited and started from. A few years ago, before iPhone and Android became popular, regular users were upgrading to BBs and I had to ask "why?" or just snicker... I'd bet that 80% of non-business users used it for phone calls, text, and light web-browsing. Did they set up e-mail, for instance ? Nope !

Of course, I'm sure it's no different today with iPhone or Android users, but at least they're used for more than just the (3) things I mentioned above, what with all the apps available.

Range of Discussion for Cell Phones

AT&T Launching 4G LTE in Indianapolis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts