Flash Forward

Neither show has been canceled. It may smell that way, but not yet. ABC wanted to give both shows time to re-tool a bit in hopes of improving their ratings.

I am guessing a hiatus to March means the end of this show. Sure fire way to kill it.
If that were true, then shows wouldn't survive the hiatus between May and September, but they do each year. If anything, people get more disenchanted with the new episode/rerun/new episode/rerun thing that happens if they don't have an extended hiatus.

If Flash Forward fails to get renewed it will be because, quite frankly, the show isn't worth a renewal. It's okay -- we watch it -- but it isn't great, and I'm saying that before this hiatus.

Neither show has been canceled. It may smell that way, but not yet. ABC wanted to give both shows time to re-tool a bit in hopes of improving their ratings.
And wanted to run both shows without reruns.

I have no doubt that the problem is not that the networks place shows on hiatus to run them with fewer or no reruns intervening -- what I wonder, though, is if the typical fan of genre television is really well-suited to the nature of episodic television in the US. It seems to work fine for the evening soap fans, and reality television fans, and the cop drama fans, etc.

So perhaps the problem is the nature of the typical fans for this specific type of programming. :confused:

If that were true, then shows wouldn't survive the hiatus between May and September, but they do each year. If anything, people get more disenchanted with the new episode/rerun/new episode/rerun thing that happens if they don't have an extended hiatus.

If Flash Forward fails to get renewed it will be because, quite frankly, the show isn't worth a renewal. It's okay -- we watch it -- but it isn't great, and I'm saying that before this hiatus.

Ok, if you say so hoss.

I too will be bummed if the breaks for V and Flashforward aid in their cancellation. I envision both of their stories getting real interesting after the break. But with ratings falling off for both before the breaks, I don't imagine a lot of people that sort of like them getting back into them when they return.

Guess we'll see and hope for the best.

Enjoyed the last show before the break. Hopefully it doesn't die. So what are they putting in its place?

Looks like it is coming back next week. Hope they have a well thought out second half to the season.

Yep, but they have been off-the-air so long I wonder how many people will tune back in? I get the feelings we'll be seeing the final few shows.
I'll be back, but its been gone so long that I don't remember everything that was going on......

Agree, my girlfriend and I were talking about the fact we can't really remember what went on at the end last night. I need the catch-up for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)