Flickering Video

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I tuned into the ESPN broadcast of the College World Series this evening at the posted location. It came in with a strong signal except the video was flickering like a 16MM film with it's loop out of adjustment in the projector. The SR was posted as 29270, the norm for ESPN. I entered a few different different combinations before settling on 29370. I finally ended up with an SR 0f 29400. That SR solved the problem. I have had to do this before on an ESPN feed with the 29270 SR. Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be cured aside from having to pick numbers at random until I hit the jackpot?

Also:

Forgive my ignorance, but I am new to this S2 video thing. Since I have had my AZ Box Premium Plus I have only been able to pick up one Sunday Night Baseball game on ESPN. It was a warm clear evening. All of the other times it was raining. I blamed it on the rain. I was told that the ESPN signal was C Band and rain would not interfere with a C Band signal. I watch the RTVs on AMC3 and the CWs on AMC6, last night they were coming in great. This morning we have overcast skies, slow steady showers and no S2 channels. Is this a coincidence or does rain interfere with S2 signals?

I was told that ESPN uses a resoultion of 720. I did a reset and forgot to set it on HDMI, 720. With that correction it has been fine. Last night when I turned it on it flickered once or twice and that that was it. I have found out in life if something has never happened befre there is a good chance I will be the first one to experience it. Thanks for inquiring.

Never seen this problem with my setup.
I wonder if there is something with your HDMI handshake in that it is not talking to your tv properly. I thought if it worked properly using an HDMI connecting that the resolution would be automatically changed to what was being sent out.
I upgraded all my HDMI cables to the newer ones capable of handling wireless internet and with the ability to handle 3dtv.
Those cables even turn off my other equipment that is connected to the tv just by turning off the TV. (that can be a nuisance at times).

Good to know of the workaround for you and it may help someone else who may experience the same problem down the line.

Flicker fix

Have same issue. Change resolution to 480p then back to 1080i and it always clears up for me. Seems to happen after a reboot every time, just swap the resolution like I mentioned and problem goes away. (until next reboot). Been this way for all software after ver .3686 I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts