GEOSATpro No Video but Audio is fine.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I posted this here to get more response, but Mods couId move it if they see fit :
For some reason the MicroHD scans in these parameters on 97.°W 3820H 29120SR, 16APSK/DVBS2/H.264 with 6 Channels. But for some reason it plays Audio fine but doesn't display video. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?

Well started to post got distracted and Brian beat me.

Reactions: Titanium
You scanned in 25+ channels and it played both video and audio fine? I scanned in 6 channels as at my initial posting and there was audio but no video. Just black screen . There is no signal quality on the transponder now. Is it still up?

Last edited:
This is up again. Can someone with a MicroHD try this now?
It should be noted that the Amiko A3 play those channels fine.

Still nothing scanning here at 3820 H on the LinkBox 9000i.Maybe frequency drifting and picking up 3980 as mentioned above?

I even tried adjacent Sats...No 3820 H transponder that meets those specs found.

Wait...I found it!
6 Channels , high SQ , No Video here, only snatches of garbled audio. Someone with a PC card may be need to discover what this is

EDIT: Forgot to say...it was 2 clicks west of where other transponders peak.(for me).4.2.2 maybe?

It's 16APSK DVBS2 signal. The MicroHD should be able to play both audio/video fine. As stated earlier the Amiko A3 plays both video and audio fine.

Just checked 3820 again a few minutes ago and the TP now shows signal and scans in.

The microHD logs 6 channels ENC1Sat, ENC2Sat, ENC3Sat, ENC4Sat, ENC5Sat, ENC6Sat. None show video, but the audio is choppy and goes in/out. The Signal Quality jumps erratically. Service information shows DVB-S2 16APSK 1080i/60hz. I'm not at the office to look at the transport stream, but it almost acts like an ACM mux. Could be another unsupported format/modulation.

Will look at it this afternoon.

Reactions: Babadem
Viewing the mux on the TBS6983 card output is also having challenges. Verified with EBS and TSreader software that the ts only contains h.264 programs. EBS software shows 16APSK and TSReader shows 8PSK? VLC will playback: Program 7 ENC1Sat, Program 11 ENC5Sat, Program 12 ENC6Sat, but will not play Program 8 ENC2Sat, Program 9 ENC3Sat and Program 10 ENC4Sat.

VideoReDo would not play the raw ts mux and needed to run streamfix in order to play. The repair report indicated multiple sequence errors. Ran DeMuxToy and it also detected SI reference errors. Don't have any more time today, but I am very interested in what CBS is up to! :eeek

Had a few minutes this AM, so was going test more. The SNR is fluctuating between 10.5 and 11.8, but will not lock today. Wish that I had a 20 foot dish!

Here is a screen shot of EBSpro on 99w 3820:

3820_99w_EBSpro_20160408.jpg

Reactions: Babadem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts