Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
LNBs 004s.jpgLNBs 002.jpgLNBs 006s.jpg
When you measure from the center of the dish to the LNB, just where to you pros stop with the measurement at or into the LNB?

RT.

The hard part of setting the focal point measurment is, where is the "Look Point" on your dish? Fortunately it's not as critical a setting as in C-Band dishes.

The hard part of setting the focal point measurment is, where is the "Look Point" on your dish? Fortunately it's not as critical a setting as in C-Band dishes.

Magic Static,

Since you own a 6' WSI Special dish like me , how deep into the scalar ring did you located the LNB. My LNBF is of a different brand (DMX-741), but maybe that would not make much of a difference.

My setup is working OK, but maybe it needs some modification and improvement for better reception and performance.

Thank You.

Magic Static,

Since you own a 6' WSI Special dish like me , how deep into the scalar ring did you located the LNB. My LNBF is of a different brand (DMX-741), but maybe that would not make much of a difference.

My setup is working OK, but maybe it needs some modification and improvement for better reception and performance.

Thank You.
From Chapparals web site I used this chart as a guide.
The list below shows how far the throat is out from the scalar rings for different f/D settings.
EXAMPLE: A dish with a .42 f/D will have the throat about flush with the rings.
Inches — f/D
.12 —— .42
.32 —— .40
.52 —— .38
.72 —— .36
.92 —— .34
1.12 —- .32
For all the info see this page.
Feedhorn Troubleshooting Guide | Chaparral Satellite Components

The 6' special wasn't special enough for me. I'm dumping it. I started with a DMX-741 but it didn't work well enough. The GeoSat pro was way better.
WSIspec 003.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.