Foodhd//hgtvhd/dhd Pq??

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I am not one to complain but I'm a little disturbed. I noticed at first (at the same time you all were talking of the new encoders on the HD channels) that my HGTVHD/FOODHD are not nearly as "bright and colorful" as they once were before this new encoder mess or whatever. Now I was watching 2 programs the other day and today on DiscHD and noticed it was a mess, blurry, and it wasn't "bright & pretty" as it used to be. Am I just going crazy or does anyone else notice this? Now the Fish Aquarium channel is just "lovely" compared to the rest, and even to me the Voom channels are damn good, but what happened to FOODHD/HGTVHD/DHD??

I see that most of you are commenting that the HD channels are better, but to me they are more dull -- I'd choose the bright pretty colors than the dull, blurry, not so sharp.

My setup is 622 via HDMI.

I won't even get started on TNTHD/A&EHD! :eek:

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I had dish and an HDTV when they 1st released a few HD channels and they looked very good, like wow. they look good now, but not wow as they were at first, but I think I am use to them too. I notice immediatly when something is not HD or fuzzy/blurry.

Good but not wow as before !

rustamust

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 11, 2006
colo springs co
Mine are still bright and pretty and I don't see any real difference in the last few weeks. I watch HGTV HD a few hours a day so I'm sure I would notice any change. 622, 55" Mits.

Any hope for Yankee fans this year?

Dial Out and VOIP (Packet 8)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)