i like to know what meter holds how many satellites in each

and on the sh-500g i would like to know how will gps help me

i don't really get it

suppose i have a iphone 4 with gps and direction of sat

should i just go with the sh-200 or sh-500g

i heard that the dms lnb bsc621 singnal goes through the little holes of a mesh

dish.

no problem i can use it on my mini bud

so what exactly where you guys saying about the wideband corotor getting me universal

and not the standard corotor

im good since im in the usa

would really like to use a dms bsc621 on a c band dish 8.5" with external switch
so that when it goes bad i can fix the problem by putting the other switch

well i know some lnbs have to be tested by the ku band and then the c band seperate

no one really answered my question as to what meter is best to test together

at a time i know i would probably yes switch the c band reading then the ku band

but are these lnbs still have to be connected by ku band and or c band seperate

the reason being i will figure it out but would like to know before not to waste any

time on setting up my new mini bud setup

the 8.5 dish setup is going really slow as i haven't been able to find many sats

the way i've been searching through my reading setup

so thats why im asking from experience what will be better a sh-500g or sh-200

on all these questions i would like a long and detailed answer to help me out

plus i want to be able to put a 30 sats at a time

Here is your answer. Throw away the meter :) A meter is fine if your installing a dish on one bird. They would be useless for setting up a dish that tracks. Too many things to fine tune. Your better off running a drop cord and setting up at the dish where you can see what your doing. Roof mounts are an exception but why put a tracking dish on a roof? Your gonna have trouble out of it, and C/KU are even worse.

People that work for Dish and Direct need meters. Satellite dealers that sell tracking dishes are better off without them. I want to be able to drive and adjust the motor, the dish adjustments, tracking, and see the picture at the dish before I go inside. I find it easier and more sure to do those things with a receiver, actuator, and TV at the dish on a tracking dish. Maybe too much old school on my part, but I do know this "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Myself I have a Eagle Aspen Satellite meter that I started out with and now I use it in series with my FS1 meter to setup and adjust any of my cband dishes when needed. So a simple analog meter may work better in the beginning than a 150+ dollar meter in setting up your dish.

I bought a meter and am glad I did. It's a PIA to lug a TV, receiver and power to the dish just to be able to see signal strength at the dish. I bought the SH200 and it works well. It does have some drawbacks.

1. It's a PIA to try updating the satellite list via the PC editor. The USB to Serial cable is supplied to enable this, but I have never been successful in getting it to work. And serial connections on new computers are becoming less common.

2. The USB port is used to charge the battery from the supplied charge pack, and it seems to work at 10VDC and not the standard usb 5VDC. Don't loose the charge cord!

3. It will detect and lock a DVB-S2 signal, but will not scan the transponder. Scanning a transponder is otherwise quick and an easy way to confirm what is on that stream. It's a good way to confirm programming at a location.

What's good? It works. It's easy to enter transponders with the simple interface while searching. It's responsive, I can set a transponder and swing the dish until it detects the signal without skipping it. The screen is bright enough to use during the day outdoors (try that with a typical cheap small tube TV). It offers good value for the price.

If I were looking to buy again, I'd look harder at the computer programming capability.

If money is not an issue and you can justify the expense, there is no comparison to a professional meter like the Super Buddy. It does it all, including the spectrum analyizer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 291
The Super Buddy is hands down the best meter that I have owned... PERIOD! Customer support is extraordinary! The constellation display simplifies the signal optimization and USB updating is easy.

With the new S2 model out, there are many units flooding Craigslist and Ebay. Very good condition units are selling under $300.

I don't know yet if I made a mistake but After reading all I could and getting real confused I ordered a Sat Hero 500g. For FTA I hope it works for me.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have a ST100 and works ok for SD and HD signals but requires external power. Price is really low. I have spent so much money on meters that become obsolete decided on the 100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts