For Tonydix, NFusion HD Editor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri
I picked up a Nfusion HD (hacker) box off of craigslist for $35 the other day. It included the Turbo 8PSK module so I am now able to receive any available (legal) Turbo FTA out there. The problem is that this primitive box, which originally had a sole purpose, doesn't allow for PID editing, or even the ability to change a Sat's name or location. Thinking I had wasted my money, I set out to find a channel editor....

I must have visited and registered to every hacker site left. Only after registering did they reveal that ANY download required a paid membership. Not me man! While searching I noticed Tonydix had visited one site asking for a Nfusion editor for PIDs. The hackers who responded didn't understand why he would want to and in that thread his quest was unresolved...

With diligence I was able to find a working editor (for free). It allows you to edit and add Sats, Channels, Tps, Favs, etc. A bit crude, but it works. This editor requires you to use the box's web server to download/upload the 'chdata_usersetting.bin' file. After that it works ok. I'm watching Turbo FTA as I type.

So for anyone needing this Nfusion HD editor, I'm including a link. I will upload to the new files section if the mods approve.

Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

Attachments

• NF-EDIT.jpg
    NF-EDIT.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 301
  • NFHD.jpg
    NFHD.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 336
Seeing this post got me to thinking that I might still have some files for Nfusion HD. Yep. :)
Putney, here's some for you. Test them &/or see if they're what you already have.

I tried a used unit for FTA too & was so sick of spoon feeding the thing that I sold it.
Like you mentioned, it's a primitive box made for one purpose.:down

Attachments

• ST_Uploader_1_7.zip
    109.6 KB · Views: 253
  • nf_HD_factory.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 293
  • channel.editor.1.16.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 384
other side of the coin

To repeat something I said about another hacker receiver:
Well, even more importantly, now we can get a proper review of a receiver I'd previously never consider!
Not even as a door stop. :eek:
Maybe you could do an overview, list of likes/dislikes, or a review of the receiver now that you've got it under control. - :up

I will upload to the new files section if the mods approve.
folks can load anything FTA related they want. ;)
If I have any questions I will just PM the person who uploaded it

Thanks brex2001, I didn't have luck with that editor. I couldn't get it to enter my box. The other two files might come in handy, but like you said, I believe the Turbo card needs the 3rd party software.

Eurosport. yes it does Turbo 8psk mpeg4 ITC. With the channel editor it is really no worse than manually editing my DSR4800 for DC2 signals.

The picture is decent but no AC3 through HDMI. For the price, I'm not complaining.
It's not going to replace my Azbox Elite for general FTA though, just a sidecar.

putney;2479945 I didn't have luck with that editor. I couldn't get it to enter my box. [/QUOTE said:
I forgot about this word file that goes with that editor....the editor was a beta version from back when(?).
I believe it was meant to be used with a USB thumb drive & the eyepatch files. The way the Document.doc was written for that v1.16 editor makes me think it was an incomplete work.

I hunted around & found these other editors for Nfusion, somethings gotta give. :)

Attachments

• Document.doc
    5 KB · Views: 236
  • ChannelEditor.1.04.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
  • channel.editor.1.15.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
  • Channel editor.doc
    25 KB · Views: 289
  • Channel editor 1.15.doc
    25 KB · Views: 263
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)