Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been thinking about making the switch from "E" to "D" for over a year now. My biggest problem is losing the content on my 1.5TB external hard drive and the way that "D"s DVR's interact with a EHD. How have you all liked the HR34 and can I request one and is there a price increase for this model?

I've been thinking about making the switch from "E" to "D" for over a year now. My biggest problem is losing the content on my 1.5TB external hard drive and the way that "D"s DVR's interact with a EHD. How have you all liked the HR34 and can I request one and is there a price increase for this model?

Is there more than 1 model for the HMC?

I have an install scheduled for Monday... anything I should be sure to ask for, check before the installer leaves? (ie. my 2 Dish installs (moved once) were very painless). I have ethernet wired to the location for the DVR.

So far the HR34 has been great for me, not one hiccup, but I only have the one unit and haven't pushed it to the 5 tuners yet. Only hitch I've seen is a delay when pulling up menus, some way too long, but hopefully that will be addressed when they implement the new gui software.

I had Dish and never used the external drive, but captured anything I wanted to save permanently to an Avermedia HDDVR card on a pc. It's time consuming if you have a lot of content to transfer at one time since you have to playback each recording, but it eliminiates one less tie to any one provider.

Ok ... brand new switcher from Dish, and so far it has been a complete nightmare. I have one 34, one 24 and two 25's. Of course this was ordered with Whole Home. at instalation, since there was no current recording, it did not occur to me to test Whole Home. Apparently, it did not occur to the instalation guy either. So a few hours later, after having done a recording, I am ready tto try it.

Nope!!! None of the HD recievers can see the DVR. I call Direct tech support, and after living through endless automatic phone menues, I finally get a person. I spend about a 45 minutes with this person, and he then says "oh .. Whole house isn't authorized for you on our computer .. and I can't fix that because our system is unddergoing an upgrade ... so I will leave instructions in your file and call you back in about 24 hours to see how you are doing". Later I talk to someone else who says they see the note and will fix the file .. no change. I call back the next day to geyt someone else who says "no it is not fixed, but I will do that, I will put you on hold now" ... and he never comes back. I call back (by the way, I have a special case number assigned, as this was "escalated") and get another person who says the file is now fixed, so lets go through reseting your system (again ... I have done this several times by now) ... no, it doesn't work. I then literally spend about two hours with this person on the phone while she walks me through every test she can figure out. At the end of this she finally says "we need to send another installer to your house ... you will get a call in less than an hour to schedule that" ... I get a call in less than an hour to tell me that they can not schedule the service call, becuase only the local office can do that, and the local office will call back to schedule that.

End of the day, the first guy does his follow-up call, which I miss. I call him back exactly 2 minutes later, and get a new person, who says, no she can't transfer me to him, but she will help me. she reviews my file, and is surprised to hear that I havent got an appointment call yet ... she will send an additional note to find out why, but, of course the local office is closed by now, so I won't hear from them until tomorrow.

So tomorrow the local office will, hopefully, call me to set up an appointment for god knows when to fix what is clearly a bad instalation that wasn't thoroughly tested in the first place.

I want to say that everyone has been very nice and symathetic ... some (but not all) were also very knwoledgable. But the botttom line is that tomorrow will be 2 full days since I was to be installed, and I still have effectively only one room to my whole home system. And, of course, it is unlikely that I will see a technition at me house tomorrow.

So, my major grype is with the process. No one person really in charge of my case (well there nominally is, but I can not talk to him as when you call in to the case department they can not transfer you to anyone, even if the case is assigned to him), and a system that is spread out to where I have to (a) constantly bug them to get attention and (b) can never actually get anyone to talk to me who is 100% responsible for follow through. That, on top of an installer who was not fully trained to check out this great system.

I am left with an interesting question. They gave me a great "new customer" deal, but I still feel that they should do something when all this is over with to make up for the hours I have spent on the phone and the fact that a 2 1/2 hour instalation will actually have taken several days to complete. I am sure I will like the system once it works, but it just shouldn't be this painful to get everything that I ordered.

i cannot believe the tech didnt test it before he left
when i had mine i know he did

Well, you obviously had a better trained or more conciencious guy than I did. Meanwhile, still no call from the local office, so another call to the case management office to complain about that. This time they said that they would schedule a service call directly. They could not schedule today, and tomorrow I am not available, so now I have a tech call on Sunday scheduled. Bottom line it will be at least 5 days form "instalation" until I get this system really working (assuming it is fixed on Sunday).

Does anyone from D* monitor this board?

I also just switched for E** to D** went through many problems getting everything to work correctly. From my experience, make sure you have a swm16 switch installed and have the tech put the power inserter on one of the H25's. This is how my system is setup now and everything works great.

Earl

fr8flyr said:
I also just switched for E** to D** went through many problems getting everything to work correctly. From my experience, make sure you have a swm16 switch installed and have the tech put the power inserter on one of the H25's. This is how my system is setup now and everything works great.

Earl

Thanks again Earl. Besides only having a SWM 4, my power inserted is on the HD 24. So I will talk to my new installer about switching that as well.

New Customer here after the experinece yesterday with another provider only offering upgrades to certain customers. Install is scheduled for Monday unless there is a way to push it up to Saturday?

the online automated system was offline, and I used the telephone system to schedule. Looking forward to the features and benefits of this service. In addition to the better customer service. It cant be any worse... Stonecold thanks for the tips about the rebates I will be doing those ASAP.

Thanks again Earl. Besides only having a SWM 4, my power inserted is on the HD 24. So I will talk to my new installer about switching that as well.

Do you have an H24 or HR24? If you only have 8 tuners the SWM 8 will work but with an HR34, HR24 and 2 H25's you have 9 tuners and need the SWM 16. They don't carry those on the truck, you would have to make sure it's on the work order.

Earl

Figure I'd ask here rather than a whole new thread.. 2 questions

a) I'm only seeing 7 days worth of guide data on my H25... I'm used to having almost 2 weeks (I thought) on the 622
b) so on the H25 I can tell the HR34 to record something.. but then I have to go to the HR34 to manage the upcoming recordings? I can't find any way to access the list of things not yet recorded (ie. to tell it to record only-new episodes, or for this series even the re-runs) ?

thanks!

For those of you that have switched from E*, have you continued that service until your D* was installed? If so, just call the day of to cancel?Thanks.

For those of you that have switched from E*, have you continued that service until your D* was installed? If so, just call the day of to cancel?Thanks.

I think it depends on your situation. If you're switching for reasons other than being completely disenchanted with E*, then it may not hurt to have an overlap or just put E* on hold until you're sure that your new service meets your expectations.

When I quit E* it was just because the only reason I have sat/cable is for sports, mainly college football and the season was over and I wanted better coverage the next season. I went with just my antenna for 6-7 months (and really didn't miss the satellite at all). When my contract is up I'll probably suspend my service for almost 1/2 of the year.

I am switching from E* here in the next week or so, and have a question regarding RSN's. I live in Northern Indiana (Goshen), east of South Bend and find myself in the Chicago RSN area. For a Indiana Pacers fan this is rather frustrating. Obviously the NBA doesn't publish market maps, but I was wondering if after my install I would be able to "move" and get on the FSN MW (FSN Ind. Alt.) satellite, or if this wasn't possible. Any thoughts? What would the impact on my locals be if this were possible?

I am switching from E* here in the next week or so, and have a question regarding RSN's. I live in Northern Indiana (Goshen), east of South Bend and find myself in the Chicago RSN area. For a Indiana Pacers fan this is rather frustrating. Obviously the NBA doesn't publish market maps, but I was wondering if after my install I would be able to "move" and get on the FSN MW (FSN Ind. Alt.) satellite, or if this wasn't possible. Any thoughts? What would the impact on my locals be if this were possible?

You could move to Fort Wayne and that would get you the Pacers and the Bulls, this would also get you the Fort Wayne locals. It's not possible to get the Pacers and the South Bend locals.

Here's the lookup tool if you want to mess around with it. Local Regional Sports Network Information

Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Ch. 665) - HD Available
s.gif
Chicago Blackhawks (HD Available)
s.gif
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
s.gif
Cubs (HD Available)
s.gif
White Sox (HD Available)

FS Midwest HD (Ch. 671) - HD Available
s.gif
Indiana Pacers (HD Available)
s.gif
St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

Okay...I just had Direct installed today and have the HR34/HR25.... Can somebody please assist me in improving or explain to me why the picture is of such poor quality compared to my Dish 722 that is connected to the same Sammy Plasma?

I was expecting a slower guide CHECK
I was NOT expecting a downgrade in picture quality.
Also, why is the On Screen Display NOT HD?

Are there setting that I need to adjust (I am hoping so).

Please help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)