Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Ok to make you DTV experience all that it should be lets go over a few basics.

1. Your promo pricing requires you spend 5 minutes on Directv.com/Rebates and do the rebate submission. The Rebates will apply a credit to your bill each month giving you the promotional rate.

2. Free HD for Life requires Autopay don't forget.

3. Dont sign anything unless you happy with the install

4. Please understand that MRV aka Whole Home DVR is still new to the agents answering the phones. So Please be kind to them

5. If you have any questions at all about your account feel free to PM me. Unlike the DishNet forum which has employees spying over there , I am here to help I am your unoffical liason though this. So feel free to pm with anything.

I might add something else to this list later.

Thanks for your time Stonecold.

I have all of the above. Is the credit for going paperless also still available? Do you have to call in or can you do it online. One thing that should change is the ability to view your statement even if you aren't paperless.

S~

I hope stonecold doesn't mind me doing this on his thread but let me add a few tips for using the D* service.

To enable the 30 second skip go to the smart search function. Then enter 30SKIP and hit the red button for keyword search and then select ALL for the category. You'll get a message saying there are no matching programs but the 30 skip has been enabled. If you want to go back to the 30 second slip use 30SLIP as the keyword search.

Anytime you're in a menu you can hit the channel down button to immediately get the to the last option on the menu.

While navigating through the various menus, the left arrow button will return you to the previous menu or guide screen.

Hit the up arrow button to bring up the quicktune feature were you can save 9 channel favorites or pick one of your channel favorites.

Hit the down arrow twice to start dual live buffers, both of which are 90 minutes.

While in the guide hit the yellow button for guide options and there you'll find an option for jumping to a specific date and time in the guide.

Hit the circle arrow button to jump back 6 seconds.

While fast forwarding through a recording or the buffer hit the >| button to jump to the next tick on the recording. You can press and hold the >| button to jump back to live TV if you're watching something in the buffer.

While rewinding through a recording or the buffer hit the circle arrow button to jump back to the previous tick on the recording.

If a program is currently recording and you're watching a different program but decide to watch what's recording, you can turn to the program and hit rewind to start going back to the beginning of that recording instead of having to use the play list to start watching the recording.

To set recording defaults for all you recordings and season passes, go to the manage recordings and use the Record Defaults were you can set the episode type, keep at most , keep until, start and stop defaults for all of your recordings.

When you select to recording something that is live, you should be prompted with a question asking if you want to extend the stop time provided there is no recording conflict.

For NASCAR fans the NASCAR Hotpass channels can be found on channels 795-798.

During golf and tennis majors or other major sporting events (such as the Olympics) you can find a set of mix channels from about 700-710 depending upon how many special channels exist.

Use the yellow button to choose Changes favorites list to setup custom channel favorites list.

The blue button brings up a mini guide.

Also if you like testing software, we do have a cutting edge program here. I was surprised to find that there was a gift in my rebate area..... D* is paying my ETF! Thanks guys! :) Never knew that was apart of the deal, but I aint complainin!

When you select to recording something that is live, you should be prompted with a question asking if you want to extend the stop time provided there is no recording conflict.
love that option....an extra note..the default extend time shows 30 minutes

For NASCAR fans the NASCAR Hotpass channels can be found on channels 795-798.
those channels rock :)

During golf and tennis majors or other major sporting events (such as the Olympics) you can find a set of mix channels from about 700-710 depending upon how many special channels exist.

I havent seen as much tennis as I have now with D* because I can watch something other than the networks coverage which is nice :)

Thanks

I am new to Satellite and am on day 2 of the service. I like the tv and setup, just billing problems are ruining my experience. They had problems getting me the FREE HD credit... stars and showtime credit.. referral credit... even showed that I signed up online... problem is I signed up through the phone. Stonecold please tell me it will get better, I have spent 3 hours on the phone as a new customer and am so tired of this.

On a positive note, HD does look great and MRV is a wonderful feature.

I am new to Satellite and am on day 2 of the service. I like the tv and setup, just billing problems are ruining my experience. They had problems getting me the FREE HD credit... stars and showtime credit.. referral credit... even showed that I signed up online... problem is I signed up through the phone. Stonecold please tell me it will get better, I have spent 3 hours on the phone as a new customer and am so tired of this.

On a positive note, HD does look great and MRV is a wonderful feature.

Jimigsu sent you a pm I will stay on top and keep an eye on your issue.

I was surprised to find that there was a gift in my rebate area..... D* is paying my ETF! Thanks guys! :) Never knew that was apart of the deal, but I aint complainin!

Did you have to do anything to get this? Or did it automagically appear under rebates?

Iceberg said:
actually I think its just premier now...the HD for life on all ended 7/21

Oooooops. Sorry about that.:)

Thought Direct would continue that promo. I have not seen a full list of the new promos.

Ok to make you DTV experience all that it should be lets go over a few basics.

1. Your promo pricing requires you spend 5 minutes on Directv.com/Rebates and do the rebate submission. The Rebates will apply a credit to your bill each month giving you the promotional rate.

2. Free HD for Life requires Autopay don't forget.

3. Dont sign anything unless you happy with the install

4. Please understand that MRV aka Whole Home DVR is still new to the agents answering the phones. So Please be kind to them

5. If you have any questions at all about your account feel free to PM me. Unlike the DishNet forum which has employees spying over there , I am here to help I am your unoffical liason though this. So feel free to pm with anything.

I might add something else to this list later.

If I'm not mistaken rebates have to be submitted before activation in order to receive credits on 1st bill. Can you verify this?

stardust3 said:
If I'm not mistaken rebates have to be submitted before activation in order to receive credits on 1st bill. Can you verify this?

My local dealer submitted my rebates when I placed my order. Seems like I read it takes around 6 weeks to appear on the bill. Mine was on my first bill.

They do not have to be submitted before activation. Not sure what the time frame is after activation before rebates expires. 30 days probably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)