Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for this thread. DirecTV install arrives Sept 1st. Dish has been a good experience, but MRV at a cheaper price sounds better.

Looks like I'll be making the switch very soon (within a week if possible for the installers).
I'll be going with the "choice ultimate". I like the 24 months of discounts. As well, I've got a buddy for a referral. I'll be saving over $56/month for the first 10 months. I'll take it any day over $144 and crappy service at Dish.

If you have no landline usually when the tech calls in the order he'll have it noted on the account. Thats what they did for me.

i have been trying to find out which satellites DTV uses for they signal.

looked on lyngsat but they are so much.

thanks

For sd, they use 101, 110, and 119 for some locals. For hd, they use 99 and 103.

Long time Dish Network subscriber, but on Saturday I will be getting DirecTV installed. Whole house DVR and the lure of the NFL were too much. A few questions:

1. I may be confused, but it appears I don't have any rebates to redeem as of yet, I thought I had read here on Sat Guys that if you wait until activation--which will be Saturday for me--you would not see those credits on your first bill. Do I have to wait for activation for those rebates to appear for me on DirecTV.com?

2. How does the whole house DVR work? Specifically how are they networked? Ethernet? RG6? 802.11? I want to have it all set up and ready to go before the installer gets here. I want this to be a plug and play install if at all possible.

3. What box do I need to be sure I get? Is the 24 the latest and greatest?

4. One more thing. My total at checkout from DirecTV was $0. But I noticed I have a $25 pending transaction from DirecTV on my check card. I am assuming they were just checking my card for validity and this pending transaction will never become a permanent fee?????

Thank you in advance for any insight you may have.

Last edited:
New customer here as well my install was on the 12th
1) current promotion requires no rebates its all instantly done
2) works off the coax cable no networking required
3) 24 is the latest see if you can find out who your local installer is and if he has them in stock
4) $25 will be removed 48 - 72 hours. its part of the credit check to make sure your CC is legit

Further info for AWARE. My MRV is connected to the ethernet which allows on-demand. I had my HR20 already wired so he put in something which allowed him to skip a step in installation. (mine was an upgrade.) I have two HR20s and can see BOTH from every HD box in the house. the MRV is GREAT... absolutely love it. It's not totally glitch-free but well worth it. :cool:

How the heck do you go back to live TV? I've tried EXIT like Jason suggested and PREV like DodgerKing (Go Giants) suggested in another thread. Neither idea works for me.

Here is the situation, let's say we pause something on the receiver for 20-30 minutes. We come back to watch and press Pause or Play to continue watching, that works. But let's say I just want to go back to Live TV, how in the World do I do that? I want a one button solution. :D

How the heck do you go back to live TV? I've tried EXIT like Jason suggested and PREV like DodgerKing (Go Giants) suggested in another thread. Neither idea works for me.

Here is the situation, let's say we pause something on the receiver for 20-30 minutes. We come back to watch and press Pause or Play to continue watching, that works. But let's say I just want to go back to Live TV, how in the World do I do that? I want a one button solution. :D

Press and hold the >| button (a second or two) until it goes back to live TV

Press and hold the >| button (a second or two) until it goes back to live TV

So basically press SKIP until it gets to live TV? That's what I've been doing because of the lack of button to get back to Live TV. Not a good way of doing it but I guess we'll have to live with that. :(

Thanks.

Forum will not let me send PM to you as I do not have 3 posts.
Will try this instead. I bot an HDTV from Costco in July when the rebate was a total of $250 in Cash Cards. (not insignificant). Had install scheduled for 8/12. Installer showed up to inform me he had no receivers so we rescheduled for 8/19. No calls, so on 8/19 I go and pull all of my cables and former Dish equipment so I would be ready for the installer when came (as DIRECTV advises). 2 hours into the appointment window I get a call from Ironwood Communications in Phoenix saying they have no equipment. Receivers, antennas, lnbs etc, etc. and they want to reschedule for the following week. Well, unfortunately, the Costco offer expires Saturday 8/21, so I tell them to forget it. This is the good part. There is a DIRECTV Dealer and Installer here in my town. I talk to him and he has all the equipment I need and could install it today, however, he is not an "authorized installer" for this particular offer. So I get on the phone to DIRECTV thinking this will work out ok. Well, after 4 hours, 10 different transfers and 12 people (kept a record of all) later, I am told there is nothing they can do. Install cannot be reassigned to my guy with the time and equipment. Now I would not have spent $1000 on a third tv from Costco, if I knew they would renege on the offer. They made this offer and cannot deliver before the offer expires, I am out $250 and wife is pissed because we now have no TV. Besides asking them to reassign the install, I also suggested they credit me the $250 to my account since they cannot perform and I will call my guy to install it. NOPE, cannot do that. Isn't Customer Service the name of the game? One more day left so I haven't given up yet. Any suggestions? I am that close to returning the TV and asking Dish back to reinstall me. I fully understand the equip. shortages but I have a local guy who has the equip. Why: 1. will they nor let him install. 2. extend rebate. 3. Credit my account the $250 if I have local guy (who cannot match this offer) do the install?

Got my HR24's and I'm good to go. FYI, the guy told me that it's much easier to get the HR24's if your install date is at the start of the month since the warehouse sometimes closes at the end of the month for inventory. My install date was today, and he said if I had yesterday's install date he wouldn't have been able to get the 24's for me.

So that's my tip, for what it's worth.

I want to be certain we receive the new box HR24 on our new install. Most people say if I call DTV directly there is no guarantee on getting the latest and greatest. Is there a way I can definitely get the new receiver?

I will order the service from the Dishstore, here on satellite guys--but will the order ultimately end up in the hands of Direct, and hence no guarantee of the new box.

We are transferring from Dish, which we have had ever since their inception--hope we are not making a mistake. We do not like the receiver we have from Dish since the remote will not work great on the first level since the receiver is in the basement. It is the highest storage HD/DVR.

Thanks Brad

I've had DirecTV for almost 3 months now, just signed up for Autopay. Is Free HD still available?

looking forward to switching over. Have to wait until next week because we need to get the money required for the hold on the debit card we plan to use. By the way the rep we talked to with the questions we had was just wonderful. Answered all our questions and made making the switch easy

Thanks stonecold for all of your helpful information. Now for my problem. When I dumped Dish for Directv I was told they would pay off the remaining contract bill up to $250. Dish said it was $100 to get out of their contract. I have been trying to get Direct to follow through with their offer, but they have not come up with the $100 yet. How should I go about getting my money?
Carl Elder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts