Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Was an E* customer for years, finally couldn't take the issues of current customers not able to get the special pricing, and the cheapest available was the family package which didn't offer anything but a few channels, locals plus tons of shopping channels which I never watch... (does anyone watch those things)??? Anway, been on D* since mid-October, and so far so good. Took choice+ (think thats the name), and extremely happy... At least there are channels you can watch without buying the $80 pack from E*... I think I should have switched a long time ago... :cool:

One more thing, make sure you have a major credit card or a card tied to a bank account, not a prepaid debit card or you will have to do the purchase option which does add some cost and only lets you get 2 receivers, then you can add to your account. Other than that I'm fine

National feed of PBS

I have been continually told that I am not eligiblefor the National feed of PBS because my locals on D* include my local PBS station(s). That's fine, but I CANNOT get my locals on satellite because of a hill and trees that block the signal. Installers have tried 2 or 3 time to bring them in, but cannot. I think, personally, that I should be able to receive the national feed of PBS because my local PBS station is not available. I've tried to explain my situation to several CSR's, but it falls on deaf ears. Can you help? This dilemma should be well documented on my account page at D*.

Going to make the switch

I have been a Dish customer for over ten years. I am paying about $125.00/ month and have been paying this for many years. Tonight I was hung up on 7 times trying to get to their 'loyalty' department.
They do not seem to have the technology that Direct has at this point.
All I want is whole house DVR for my two HD TV's.
Should I order off the Direct website or is there a better place to get a deal on a 2 year contract?

Also, is there some place that can show me a basic wiring diagram for how the whole house DVR is wired in relation to where the internet connection fits?

Thanks

what is wrong with a prepaid debit card like the walmart money card? That's how I pay for everything. It can be used as a mastercard.

Because there is nothing preventing you from 'forgetting' to reload it and screwing them out of their money. They are also not tied to your identity, so it is much harder to prosecute fraud with them. With a major credit or bank debit card, even if the account has insufficient funds or is maxed out, they will usually approve a recurring or contract ETF/equipment charge like that and just tank the account into the red. It's the same reason you can't use them or prepaid gift cards at gas pumps. Too many people stole too much gas that way.

And Dish isn't? Seriously dude, it's getting really old. Oh wait, now I'm scared you might report me to the BBB, where 'Hamas' bought an A- rating for $425... :rolleyes:

I have been continually told that I am not eligiblefor the National feed of PBS because my locals on D* include my local PBS station(s). That's fine, but I CANNOT get my locals on satellite because of a hill and trees that block the signal. Installers have tried 2 or 3 time to bring them in, but cannot. I think, personally, that I should be able to receive the national feed of PBS because my local PBS station is not available. I've tried to explain my situation to several CSR's, but it falls on deaf ears. Can you help? This dilemma should be well documented on my account page at D*.

the rule for national PBS is very simple
If your locals are AVAILABLE....regardless if you want them or can get them, you do NOT qualify for National PBS.

The only folks who get national PBS in locals are markets that do not have a PBS in the market. They get national PBS.

what locals are you suppose to get? Unless they are on 119 you should have a line of site

Cinema Connection Kit not included in install order

I made the switch from Dish to Direct TV a few days ago and had an HR-24 and 3 H-24's installed with MRV. When I placed the order I was told about the Cinema Connection and that I would get that installed as well. When the installer was finishing up I asked where the connection kit was and he told me it was not on the order. I immediately called and the rep told me that she did not see it on the order but based on what I ordered it should have been. She spoke to the installer and he told her that he did not have a kit on his truck to install and they were awaiting a delivery of them. After I got back on the phone the rep apologized and said it would not cost me anything to have the installer come back later to install the kit. She could not get her system to allow her to place the order without charging me so she said the issue would be "escalated" and I would receive a call in 2 to 3 days with a resolution. She promised me it would not be a problem. Well after 3 days and no call, I called back to see what was going to be done and this rep said he could go ahead and place the order by charging $125 to my credit card and then issuing a bill credit for the same $125. However I did not have a credit card with me at work and told him I would call back the next day. Today I call back and this rep sees this "offer" in my account notes but cannot get a approval for a bill credit of more than $100. After 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor he gives up and said I should call back another time.
Is this the only way this issue can be handled? I really don't want to charge $125 to my credit card for something they failed to handle correctly. What is the best way to get to a supervisor when I call back? This is getting frustrating.

Why, thank you grammar fairy! I'm sure if he fixes that 5 month old typo, there will be an avalanche of new customers! :rolleyes:

new Modular home and looking to get D* instead of Time Warner who is really bad in my area. My only concern is I am getting Internet from TW and having to wire the house again to get D* around...Thankfully a good friend is an electrician and can help me do all of that. Should not be too hard to fish RF6 to current spots for D*. Actually, may only have to run it to one room as I will keep the the Internet access in a closet down stairs and wire it out of there.

Stonecold & others,

Would appreciate your input - I've been a Dish customer (bundle w/AT&T) for 3+ years and been generally satisfied. I just bought a 3D tv and am considering Direct Tv & Comcast since Dish wants $200 plus a 2 year contract to upgrade to vip922 to get full 1080p & 3D using hdmi 1.3. I would like whole house dvr, but there seem to be some issues.

Thanks much

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)