Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I ordered on a Wednesday, got installed on Thursday, first bill on Friday. I activated the online rebates on Thursday so I did not receive the discounts in my first bill. Rebates kept showing the "allow 6-8 weeks for processing" message, but after 5-6 days of submitting them they now show as approved.

I didn't expect them to show on my first bill. :)

I just switched to D* last week from 5+ years with E* (Sorry, Charlie...I finally got tired of your constant carriage/retransmission disputes and disappearing channels). I got the Whole-Home DVR service with a HR24 DVR for the livingroom and a H24 for the bedroom. D* sent a 3rd-Party installer who did a fantastic job! He didn't feel comfortable putting the dish on the roof (he felt it would jiggle too much) so he installed it on my cement A/C pad on the SE part of my home (see picture). He was able to use my existing internal wiring [that I had installed for Dish when I bought my home] because of SWM/SWMLine so the only thing that took any time was drilling through the cement for the mount. He cleaned up after himself, sealed holes and actually took the time to explain the system to me...and he knew what he was doing!

After having HD with E* for 3 years I didn't realize just how good HD could look. I didn't think there would be a difference but there is. And being able to watch HD in the bedroom instead of the SD TV2 output is a huge bonus not to mention native HD resolution and ALL of my locals (including PBS, CW and MyTV) are in HD. Yes, I miss a few of the channels Dish carries (Epix, ShortsHD, etc.) but I'm sure I'll soon get over it.
smile.gif

Attachments

• p_00002.jpg
    p_00002.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 461
Any idea how long it will be until they do the Free HD for Life promo for choice again?

I am going to have to wait for that to come up again before I sign up. Thanks for all the tips and info in this thread! It's been very handy.

Free HD for Life is for Premier only nationwide some high competive markets I seen it for choice ultimate.
I am assuming you have to maintain Premier in order to keep free HD? If you drop to a lower package after you sign up to get free HD you will lose your free HD offer?

I am assuming you have to maintain Premier in order to keep free HD? If you drop to a lower package after you sign up to get free HD you will lose your free HD offer?

Under the current promotion, Premier is free for 5 months and you pay for the NFL Package instead. After the five months, you can downgrade your package and still keep free HD for Life, as long as you stay on on Auto-bill.

Under the current promotion, Premier is free for 5 months and you pay for the NFL Package instead. After the five months, you can downgrade your package and still keep free HD for Life, as long as you stay on on Auto-bill.

They are saying in another thread that if you downgrade from premium you lose HD for Life promotion.

Oops, you are right. Under this new promotion , you have to keep Premiere or they will start charging you for HD , $10 a month.

-----

I love that 30 Skip feature ! Thanks for that. Are there any more tricks like that?

When you use the back skip feature, it only goes back 10 seconds. I would love to be able to change that to 15 or 30 seconds.

I signed up last night for choice ultimate to get the Free HD and the guy said I could downgrade to the regular choice plan when my year of discounts is up on it.....not sure if I will have to send the HD DVR's back but I'll figure it out when the time comes I guess.

hallrk said:
I have a R15 and tried this but can't get it to work. Does it not work for R15's?

No. It doesn't work for R15s and R16s. Their code base is different from the other DVRs. The skip can be enabled on all HR2x boxes and the R22.

No. It doesn't work for R15s and R16s. Their code base is different from the other DVRs. The skip can be enabled on all HR2x boxes and the R22.

Thank You for your help. I thought that was probably the case.

Since switching from Dish, I have observed that the HD picture quality from DirecTV is better, but the SD picture is worse. Are others having the same experience?

Need Advice for Install Troubles

Hello,

I see you are considered unofficial DirectTV support. I just had installers at my apartment this morning and needless to say they left without install. I understand that directtv like dish requires a souther facing balcony. I have a balcony that technically faces East, but the side of my balcony faces perfectly for an install. There are a few trees in the way and so for my DishNetwork install we placed the dish on a tripod that was about 6' instead of the standard 3'. This install has worked for years. However, the DirecTV installer indicated they are not allowed to install on tripods and that the tripod was too unstable for acceptable signal. I am not satisfied with this answer as I have had no issues with dish for these last few years. I have a supervisor coming for a second opinion. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

I have a supervisor coming for a second opinion. Any suggestions?

I hope the supervisor shows up. I was told that on my first install attempt and never heard a word. Even after D* corporate told them to call me twice. Other than that, level with the guy and let him know it worked for you in the past just fine. Ask him if there are ANY alternatives to get D*

Is another useful tip. A question in another thread reminded me of this feature.

This link allows you to select your remote and then enter the brand and model number. It will return codes that should work plus which particular mode the remote should be in. They aren't always what you think.

DIRECTV: Tools: Remote Control Codes

This is D*'s tools support page.

DIRECTV: Support: Tools

There is a varietly of things to get help with. The previously mentioned remote setup tool. A home team RSN look up which allow you to see what RSN you can get in the clear based on zip code and what package you'll need to get them. Also a way to refresh your services what can be useful if a channel you think you should be getting is giving you the not authorized/not purchased error.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)