Fortec FP90 LNB Holder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ebola

Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Influenced by a very positive Iceberg review, i decided to give it a shot and join the FTA ranks. My wife is very interested in viewing BiH television so I purchased the Globecast sat system with 36" dish and Globecast receiver from Sadoun- I did not know there is a huge store just a few states away(I am in MI), shipping was very reasonable $30.

Question that I have is what are my possibilities of adding a couple more LNB's to that system to be able to get more FTA chanells? I will have paid subscription for the "wifes" channel, but I would like to add a Pansat 3500 ( another Icebergs fault) for my room.

There is no specific Fortec FP90 LNB holder on Sadoun wesite, can I purchase, or make my own? Do I need to run dual LNB's because I want to add another receiver?

Am i better off just purchasing another dish and LNB( I dont like this solution, because SHE will not be all to happy about 2 dishes)?

Best regards,

Sanel

Last edited:
If I were you , I'd consider putting a motor on the dish, which will allow you to aim automatically at the satellite of your choice . Once setup, the dish will automatically move to the satellite / channel that is chosen on the remote. I see a second receiver in your future, too.
Welcome to FTA .
:)

Brent

brentb636 said:
If I were you , I'd consider putting a motor on the dish, which will allow you to aim automatically at the satellite of your choice . Once setup, the dish will automatically move to the satellite / channel that is chosen on the remote. I see a second receiver in your future, too.
Welcome to FTA .
:)

Brent

So when the dish moves the wife looses her channels, sounds like WAR :)

You can use zip ties or even a hose clamp to add LNB's to each side of the main LNBF!

PSB said:
So when the dish moves the wife looses her channels, sounds like WAR :)

You can use zip ties or even a hose clamp to add LNB's to each side of the main LNBF!

You read my mind, PSB! She would not be happy.:mad:

Thank you for the advice on hose clamps- I have seen some cheap holders on internet, I will give it a try, not for Fortec, but oh well..

but if you want to keep her happy and you happy, get 2 dishes
-Globecast for her
-Motorized for you :)

Influenced by a very positive Iceberg review, i decided to give it a shot and join the FTA ranks.
WOO HOO! Another member to the FTA family :)

but I would like to add a Pansat 3500 ( another Icebergs fault) for my room.
oh great blame me :D

Iceberg said:
but if you want to keep her happy and you happy, get 2 dishes
-Globecast for her
-Motorized for you :)

WOO HOO! Another member to the FTA family :)

oh great blame me :D

That is a great suggestion, Iceberg, and I hope down the road I will be able to do that (with a lil' help from this forum).

Right now I will try to hook up the Globecast for her, and monkey around to put the Pansat in my office/room. got the confirmation yesterday from Sadoun that my dish and Globecast are on the way, maybe I get it before the weekend:)

ebola said:
Right now I will try to hook up the Globecast for her, and monkey around to put the Pansat in my office/room. got the confirmation yesterday from Sadoun that my dish and Globecast are on the way, maybe I get it before the weekend:)
You should have it by the weekend. :)

Good luck with the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts