Fortec FP90 LNB Holder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ebola

Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Influenced by a very positive Iceberg review, i decided to give it a shot and join the FTA ranks. My wife is very interested in viewing BiH television so I purchased the Globecast sat system with 36" dish and Globecast receiver from Sadoun- I did not know there is a huge store just a few states away(I am in MI), shipping was very reasonable $30.

Question that I have is what are my possibilities of adding a couple more LNB's to that system to be able to get more FTA chanells? I will have paid subscription for the "wifes" channel, but I would like to add a Pansat 3500 ( another Icebergs fault) for my room.

There is no specific Fortec FP90 LNB holder on Sadoun wesite, can I purchase, or make my own? Do I need to run dual LNB's because I want to add another receiver?

Am i better off just purchasing another dish and LNB( I dont like this solution, because SHE will not be all to happy about 2 dishes)?

Best regards,

Sanel

Last edited:
If I were you , I'd consider putting a motor on the dish, which will allow you to aim automatically at the satellite of your choice . Once setup, the dish will automatically move to the satellite / channel that is chosen on the remote. I see a second receiver in your future, too.
Welcome to FTA .
:)

Brent

brentb636 said:
If I were you , I'd consider putting a motor on the dish, which will allow you to aim automatically at the satellite of your choice . Once setup, the dish will automatically move to the satellite / channel that is chosen on the remote. I see a second receiver in your future, too.
Welcome to FTA .
:)

Brent

So when the dish moves the wife looses her channels, sounds like WAR :)

You can use zip ties or even a hose clamp to add LNB's to each side of the main LNBF!

PSB said:
So when the dish moves the wife looses her channels, sounds like WAR :)

You can use zip ties or even a hose clamp to add LNB's to each side of the main LNBF!

You read my mind, PSB! She would not be happy.:mad:

Thank you for the advice on hose clamps- I have seen some cheap holders on internet, I will give it a try, not for Fortec, but oh well..

but if you want to keep her happy and you happy, get 2 dishes
-Globecast for her
-Motorized for you :)

Influenced by a very positive Iceberg review, i decided to give it a shot and join the FTA ranks.
WOO HOO! Another member to the FTA family :)

but I would like to add a Pansat 3500 ( another Icebergs fault) for my room.
oh great blame me :D

Iceberg said:
but if you want to keep her happy and you happy, get 2 dishes
-Globecast for her
-Motorized for you :)

WOO HOO! Another member to the FTA family :)

oh great blame me :D

That is a great suggestion, Iceberg, and I hope down the road I will be able to do that (with a lil' help from this forum).

Right now I will try to hook up the Globecast for her, and monkey around to put the Pansat in my office/room. got the confirmation yesterday from Sadoun that my dish and Globecast are on the way, maybe I get it before the weekend:)

ebola said:
Right now I will try to hook up the Globecast for her, and monkey around to put the Pansat in my office/room. got the confirmation yesterday from Sadoun that my dish and Globecast are on the way, maybe I get it before the weekend:)
You should have it by the weekend. :)

Good luck with the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts