Galaxy 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i did that and came up with only 5 stations after a blind scan. cnn-airport, msnbc, cnbc,espn,espn2. none that is usefull. Is there something im missing?

ultravox said:
i did that and came up with only 5 stations after a blind scan. cnn-airport, msnbc, cnbc,espn,espn2. none that is usefull. Is there something im missing?
G16 ku is used mostly for DC II programming (I think), you would need a 4dtv to get them. There are also those DVB channels you found and you can occassionally find a sports feed on it. Otherwise, good luck scanning?

Al

yeah there really isnt much on G4 KU. C-Band has alot but KU is just those 5 channels and a couple data Tp's (for DVB)

I'm lucky-I have alot of room here in the boonies! :)

If you do get a six-footer, I would recommend an analog receiver too, if only to use for aiming. I can find an analog signal from scratch in less than 5 minutes-digital is much harder.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:

If you do get a six-footer, I would recommend an analog receiver too, if only to use for aiming. I can find an analog signal from scratch in less than 5 minutes-digital is much harder.

so true.
Use the anlog to aim and get a good picture, then you know you only have minimal tweaking to do with digital :)

W_Tracy_Parnell said:

I would agree with this 100%.

Iceberg said:
yeah there really isnt much on G4 KU. C-Band has alot but KU is just those 5 channels and a couple data Tp's (for DVB)

Just when I thought I knew enough to be dangerous, now I am lost!

I have been using this website figuring this is all I am going to be able to get for ku band:
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

So far that has served me well, as pretty much everything that website has I have found (the exception being those that say weak signal in northern US states, and me being in MN I figure that be my problem).

G16 (99W) is not on that website, so I figured I cannot get it. Also, when I tried a blindscan on 99W this morning, I found nothing. My setup is a 36" motorized with universal LNB and fortec classic NA receiver. Seems like I should be able to get some KU channels off 99W. Why am I not finding them? And why isn't 99W listed in the URL I provided?

G16 use to be G4 until about 2 months ago

There isnt anything DVB (which most of our boxes are) on KU Band. All the DVB stuff is on C-Band :)

Since there is nothing on that satellite on KU, Mike doesn't list it

Iceberg said:
G16 use to be G4 until about 2 months ago

There isnt anything DVB (which most of our boxes are) on KU Band. All the DVB stuff is on C-Band :)

Since there is nothing on that satellite on KU, Mike doesn't list it

Whew, ok, I am not totally out of it then! And out of curiousity, I presume if I ever wanted C-band, I must get at least a 6 foot dish (and a different receiver)?

Hmm, I re-read this thread, and saw this:
Iceberg said:

So when you said "All the DVB stuff is on C-Band" earlier, and this last quote says "KU is just those 5 channels", I am confused again.

Last edited:
Don't be confused. Those 5 channels are there, but they are scrambled, so you won't get them in a "Free" scan. You should get them with an "All" scan. However, you can't watch them, because they are scrambled.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindscan question

Fortec FP90 LNB Holder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)