Galaxy 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.
a_hockeynut said:
Whew, ok, I am not totally out of it then! And out of curiousity, I presume if I ever wanted C-band, I must get at least a 6 foot dish (and a different receiver)?

yes and no
6 foot dish minimum for C-Band but you use the same receiver :)

voomvoom said:
Don't be confused. Those 5 channels are there, but they are scrambled, so you won't get them in a "Free" scan. You should get them with an "All" scan. However, you can't watch them, because they are scrambled.

Al

Whew, ok, that makes sense. I usually don't do the "all" scan unless I know there are some channels which report scrambled but are not (like the hope channel).

I guess I need help understanding the coding on lyngsat. Is there somewhere that explains it all?

I am looking at the webpage for 99W, and at the very bottom there is a small chart with columns "clear" and "enc." (encrypted?), and rows say "analog" and "digital". I figured "clear" and "digital" would be what I could get (it indicates there are 16, I presume that means 16 channels are "clear" and "digital"). And I figured "encrypted" would be those channels that are scrambled?

I looked at 123W (G10), and it does seem digital/clear matches up with what I think I get (and it says 48 channels). There is also a "Colour codes on this satellite chart" and the yellowish color for digital/clear highlights the channels on 123W (and also some on 99W). So maybe clear and digital does not necessarily mean not scrambled?

Thanks for all your help so far! I am just trying to make sure I am getting all the FTA I can! I guess I was able to get away with a 3 foot dish, maybe 6 feet would not be too big to put up in the back yard :D

Yes you only get the Clear digital channels (With a big red F)

Some digital channels will be 4:2:2 you will not be able to get them with a regular DVB receiver.

You won't get the analog or encrypted channels!

Attachments

• F.gif
    F.gif
    189 bytes · Views: 142
PSB said:
Yes you only get the Clear digital channels (With a big red F)

Some digital channels will be 4:2:2 you will not be able to get them with a regular DVB receiver.

You won't get the analog or encrypted channels!

Ahhh, that helps alot. I am still working on getting an analog receiver :)

So is there an indication on lyngsat of analog? 4:2:2?

Thanks Pete!

Lyngsat will show that but if you scan in feeds which arent posted on Lyngsat (since they come and go all the time) you don't know if they are 4:2:2 until they scan in :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts