Fortec FS6D 1.8m Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
unless you have a KU LNB that works with Prime Focus, it doesn't do much. Most KU LNB's are for offset and when you put it on a Prime Focus dish, the signal is hindered

One time I tried a DBS LNB on my 6 footer for 110 and the signals were about actually WORSE than my 30" dish

One time I tried a DBS LNB on my 6 footer for 110 and the signals were about actually WORSE than my 30" dish

i have one on my 7 1/2 ft out beside the scaler and it got a 63 signal on 119 or 121 ( i forget which one ... i was wanting the music and nasa & i think i got the super dish @ 121 channel but most weren't stable enough to hold a good signal jumped back and forth.

that suprised me ... thinking a big dish would get a great signal with a dss bird....

After being locked onto Galaxy 11 for the past week, I was able to test drive this baby yesterday for the first time since mounting onto the stand.

I must say I was impressed by the quality of the video on most satellites. The picture seems to jump right at you compared to KU and worse yet DSS. I received locals from St. Thomas and the Virgin Islands just fine as well as ION and CW stations, KCSG from Utah and many others crystal clear. Some like PBS were weaker and kept locking and unlocking. However, I haven't fine tuned the system and didn't do anything with the feedhorn adjustments.

All in all, I am very happy with the Fortec 1.8m dish. I did notice that it is starting to rust already after only 1 week in areas where the dish was nicked by the mounting brackets and by screws. That's one thing about the Channel Master 1.8m dish you will never see it rust.

I purchased a can of Rust-oleum clear enamel for use on mounting hardware to prevent rust down here in the sub-tropical sauna of New Orleans. I wouldn't recommend this for the dish surface, since the enamel I purchased is glossy. Perhaps they (or another company) make a flat, clear enamel that will work to protect the dish from rust.

i seem to be having the same thing happening here in nfld canada ,our weather is so unperditcable here . the old saying if you wait 5 minutes it s bound to change. sunshine for 5 minutes to rain to snow .lol.Ill have to purchased a can of Rust-oleum clear enamel as well. nice bud ,seems a bit flimzy though.

Regarding the stand. What are you shooting over? How tall is it?

Although big dishes aren't allowed in my City, they would have a hard time enforcing it since I have seen quite a few in people's backyards. I live in 2 1/2 story rowhome. Probably 30 ft high. I am a little unclear where signals hit the dish. Currently, on the front of my house, I get the full KU Arc but I would swear I am pointing into a row of homes.

I think I'll grab a dbs dish and see if I can get signals back there. If I can grab the arc I might get a small c-band set up.

I think I could set up too far back from the house because of a 150year old tree. I dobt I can get over top but I am curious what your height is and how far away from the structure you are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.