SBS6 update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Adirondacks
Well I'm back. Hopefully some of you remember me (the pain in the ass from a few months ago). Been pretty hectic around here lately. I just started college, so it's even worse. But I've got the hankering to tinker with my dish setup once again, and I was wondering if SBS6 is still up, and if not what's my new true south satellite? Thanks.

Well that's good. I'm still stumped on my install. Driving me insane. It's been months and I can't get it right. Some guy that installed BUDs has offered to help me out for an outrageous price, but dammit, I'm about ready to call him. I just want to enjoy it, and maybe after I watch him do it, I'll be able to tweak it better.

What does it do right, then? I think I would examine that part, to find out the why. Maybe the reason the other parts dont work will become clearer then.

Well basically, I know the LNB is working, that's about it. I bypassed my switch, and connected it directly to the Linear input of the LNB. I can get SBS6/G17 if I play around with it for a long time, but as soon as I move the dish to another satellite, I get very weak to nonexistent signals, and SBS6/G17 disappear when I move the dish back to that position. Something has got to be off, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I think I'm gonna have to take it all apart one of these days and redo everything. Maybe even mount it directly to my roof instead of on my metal pole I have now. Unfortunately, I don't have much free time to play around with it now. :(

BTW, how the heck do you program new satellites and transponders into the Mercury II?

I've also looked at that link so many times, it's permanently etched into my brain. It doesn't seem to be helping me. :(

Thanks for the new transponder info for G17 btw. :)

I've got the hankering to tinker with my dish setup once again

We do not allow talk about hankering satellite equipment. Just kidding; sorry I couldn't resist :D

I feel your pain buddy. I set up my motorized system several weeks ago and as of the first day I could only track satellites slightly to the East of my TSS and all the sats to my West. I need to get back up on the garage this week to see what went wrong. I bought one of those magnetic inclinometers so that I'll be able to check my mount for plumb because that is really the most important thing on a motorized setup.

Good luck!

We do not allow talk about hankering satellite equipment. Just kidding; sorry I couldn't resist :D

I feel your pain buddy. I set up my motorized system several weeks ago and as of the first day I could only track satellites slightly to the East of my TSS and all the sats to my West. I need to get back up on the garage this week to see what went wrong. I bought one of those magnetic inclinometers so that I'll be able to check my mount for plumb because that is really the most important thing on a motorized setup.

Good luck!

Thanks. Same to you. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one that's taken an extended break from the tinkering.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts