Fortec FSKU-v 0.4 db vs. Invacom QPH-031 0.3db

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kurtsat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Antelope, California
I have seen many guys saying Invacom LNB is great!! I have like http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Fortec-Star/LNBF/FSKU-v04-Fortec-Star-Universal-LNBF.htm
I can't find compare Invacom QPH-031 vs. FSKU-v04..

Can anyone tell me how much is different between 0.3 db (QPH-031) and 0.4 db (Fortec FSKU-V).

And would be nice to tell me for an example.. Let's say aim at one of bird.. Getting 66% on Coolsat with Fortec FSKU.. And if I replace Fortec to Invacom QPH-031 what will I get?

Thanks!

I can't speak for what you are getting, but I just (tonight) replaced my fortec .4db with the invacom qph-031. I love the improvement. I got anywhere from 6-15 point increase in signals.

Thanks!

So you get sometimes pixelation from your Fortec .4db? I get it alot pixelations.. :( I thought maybe I should replace to QPH-031 to reduce pixelations..?

Oh btw, are you using it for Coolsat, correct?

I got some pixellation yes, audio dropouts on my sats that my neighbors tree was partially blocking. Now things are pretty solid.

I use a coolsat right now, I was using a mercury II.

Not to mention the circular positions you gain. Of course you can tag a legacy LNB on the side but then you've got off-axis signals & positions. I like being able to punch in the degree into USALS and bang it's there.

digiblur said:
Not to mention the circular positions you gain. Of course you can tag a legacy LNB on the side but then you've got off-axis signals & positions. I like being able to punch in the degree into USALS and bang it's there.
+1

I love this quad polar LNB. I have the C120 flanged flavor.

Another advantage of the Invacom QPH is that the linear side is standard (L.O. 10750), which allows you to use a 22k 4 x 4 multiswitch to get four outputs seeing both circular and linear :)

Hands down the QPH-031. I haven't used anything else, but why would I want too? It all makes sense, that's why I bought it in the first place. Sure, it's a little more expesnive, but it's totally worth it in the long run. Lots of band for the buck.

kurtsat said:
Yea, but I heard it's kinda heavy? How much is heavy?? Will it affects smidge to my GeoSatPro 90cm dish??

QPH-031 = 675g / 23 oz.

Yes its a BIG QUALITY LNBF!

When I switched to a SatelliteAV 36" dish I thought I would have weight problems........ but my signals were still perfectly alinged.

Great LNBF and a GREAT satellite dish from SatelliteAV :)

Attachments

• Pict0016.JPG
    Pict0016.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Pict0109.JPG
    Pict0109.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Pict0110.JPG
    Pict0110.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I have it on my 90cm Fortec dish and the weight was not an issue after swapping it with my fortec lnb (eventhough just feeling it you would be led to believe so)

I just recently got an Invacom QPH- 031, switching from a Fortec Universal. It is definately heavier, but not as heavy as two lnbs side by side. I tried that with two, and the weight totally threw me off signal. I like the Invacom, but sometimes it seems to be hit and miss. Like one day it'll give me a good quality signal, and the next day it gets nothing, then it will come back. The consistancy seems to be lacking. I may have gotten a lemon, or I may be the problem. Any advice is welcome.

I would snip off all cable ends and start again. Many times even connections that "look" good are not. All it takes is one small piece of the shielding invisible to the human eye shorting intermittently to cause problems!

Seen that ALOT recently.

I have no problems at ALL with my QPH-031, I sold A LOT of them and one was sent back. TESTED GOOD :)

I've been staying up late the last several nights deciding on what equipment I want. I've been working in the satellite field for ages but am new to FTA. After some of the glowing reports about the Invacom QPH-031 I decided to go for it. Thanks guys!

intuitionsys said:
I've been staying up late the last several nights deciding on what equipment I want. I've been working in the satellite field for ages but am new to FTA. After some of the glowing reports about the Invacom QPH-031 I decided to go for it. Thanks guys!

You will NOT be disappointed :)

PSB, is there a tool I can use to prep the end of the cable instead of using a knife?
I have a hard time with cable ends, usually messing up the shielding. Also threading on the cable connector over the shielding is a royal pain. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)