Fortec Mercury II no G19...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
OK, I've got good signal on both 101 and 97 on my Super Buddy (latest updates as of 6/21/2010). 97 is showing a signal of about 60. But when I follow the instructions for that receiver it says I need to see channel 2 (TBN) before I start anything. The problem is the customer did a factory reset, and channel 2 is now some other channel altogether... I can't get it show show TBN.

I try skipping that step and adding TP 11842, but it doesn't show any quality on horizontal polarity. Only vertical polarity, it will show quality of about 27. Weird.

I've done about a dozen of these Glorystar repoints/new installs. Never ran into something like this. I don't think it's a bad LNB because my meter picks it up just fine. Also, the 101 LNB gets about a 92 on my meter. The Super Buddy won't let me specify a frequency of 11842. I just have four digits on my Super Buddy, and 1842 isn't an option for 97.

I made sure that I unplugged the receiver (from the power) before hooking back up the switch (to the coax), but I did unplug the switch (from the coax) before I unplugged the receiver (from the power). Could that have damaged the switch?

I always have better luck with these with the receiver connected direct to the LNBF for tweaking, then connect the switch. If you know it's working on both LNBFs independently a bad switch will point itself out to you pretty quick.

There's another thread here regarding issues with the 11842 transponder, apparently it's a little harder to get than the others.

Hmmm. If you have a Glorystar Mercury II then I would go to the factory reset screen (as I recall), and when it asks if you want to do a factory, reset punch in 2020 instead and enter. That puts in the original Glorystar default. If you have a copy of the Glorystar instruction (which may still be on the forum) follow those as my memory may not be exact, but I did that on my last Mercury II install to get the box back to a known condition.
POP

OK, I've got good signal on both 101 and 97 on my Super Buddy (latest updates as of 6/21/2010). 97 is showing a signal of about 60. But when I follow the instructions for that receiver it says I need to see channel 2 (TBN) before I start anything. The problem is the customer did a factory reset, and channel 2 is now some other channel altogether... I can't get it show show TBN.

I try skipping that step and adding TP 11842, but it doesn't show any quality on horizontal polarity. Only vertical polarity, it will show quality of about 27. Weird.

I've done about a dozen of these Glorystar repoints/new installs. Never ran into something like this. I don't think it's a bad LNB because my meter picks it up just fine. Also, the 101 LNB gets about a 92 on my meter. The Super Buddy won't let me specify a frequency of 11842. I just have four digits on my Super Buddy, and 1842 isn't an option for 97.

I made sure that I unplugged the receiver (from the power) before hooking back up the switch (to the coax), but I did unplug the switch (from the coax) before I unplugged the receiver (from the power). Could that have damaged the switch?
DO a "Factory Reset" - when it comes up asking for menu language (English) press the menu button, then "Factory Reset" once - the screen should now show "Factory Reset........Press OK" DO NOT PRESS OK, enter from the remote the 4 digits 3030. A screen will come up saying do you want to load special data? Click "Yes" Then wait for 20 seconds or so. You should now see some programing on G19. Now press menu and highlight "TP Scan", press OK. Highlight "Frequency" and enter from the remote 11842
Set polarity to "Horizontal" by pressing the left arrow on the remote
Highlight "Symbolrate" and enter 22000
Highlight "Save Edit" and press OK
Now press the YELLOW button on the remote (says Calendar under it)
5 seconds later you will have the channels scanned in!:) (be sure to save)
Bob

Wow, thats great. I'll let you know if it works. Is there anywhere I can get the instructions for Glorystar Factor resets for other receivers?

To follow up, the special data codes are:
1010 Single LNB aimed at AMC4 - 101W
2020 Dual LNB aimed at both AMC4 - 101W and G19 - 97W
3030 Single LNB aimed at G19 - 97W
Bob

Note: These activation codes will load the channel list that was available at the time that the customer purchased the system and only work on the Fortec Star Mercury II receivers loaded with the Glorystar Firmware ( Glorystar logo on menu screen).

GEOSATpro receivers do not use reset codes as the firmware is updated via the satellite and the system type is chosen in the installation menu during system set-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)