New Glorystar System and Questions

Kountzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Houston, Texas
I finally bought and received my glorystar system. Most of it is still in a big box in the kitchen. The rest is in a closet. As soon as I can get a ladder long enough to reach the roof I am going to start installation. DB aka kountzer

I do not envy you doing a rooftop installation. But if you can not find a ground mount, or (side) wall mount location, then I will say that my prayers are with you!

Finally, I got FTA! I saw some ads on craigslist for fta installers. I didn't have that much available $$. i was going to have one of them look at it and give me an estimate. I saw this one ad and it specifically mentioned 3ABN, so i gave him a call. He came out, agreed to accept what i had, and then proceeded to do the install.
As it turns out, dude is a lifelong member of the sda church; he's from Tanzania.

FTA is wild. I am sure I will be visiting this site often to ask questioons. The glorystar channels I want are coming in really clear.

GC and GC programming is starting up later today. I may have to switch back to directv to record some of that. I haven't figured out how to record with the FTA receiver yet, but give me time. I've only had it up and running since yesterday evening. DB aka Kountzer

Which receiver do you have? Does it have DVR capabilities?
I watch the GC Programing on the Hope Church Channel last night.
I am also an Adventist

Finally, I got FTA! I saw some ads on craigslist for fta installers. I didn't have that much available $$. i was going to have one of them look at it and give me an estimate. I saw this one ad and it specifically mentioned 3ABN, so i gave him a call. He came out, agreed to accept what i had, and then proceeded to do the install.
As it turns out, dude is a lifelong member of the sda church; he's from Tanzania.

FTA is wild. I am sure I will be visiting this site often to ask questioons. The glorystar channels I want are coming in really clear.

GC and GC programming is starting up later today. I may have to switch back to directv to record some of that. I haven't figured out how to record with the FTA receiver yet, but give me time. I've only had it up and running since yesterday evening. DB aka Kountzer

I have the GEOSATpro DVR1100vc. I just haven't figured out how to record with it yet. DB

USB stick in the socket (at least 4 GB for me) and hit the red record button. But what is the question?

I use the 15GB EXTERNAL USB 2.0 Hard Drive from Glorystar to record. It works great. The 15GB size allows over 15 hours of TV recordings.

Click here for the Glorystar hard drive

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go get a different drive at a big box store...why stop with a 15GB drive when they have 320GB or 500GB on sale for like 80 bucks (or cheaper)?

I have the GEOSATpro DVR1100vc. I just haven't figured out how to record with it yet. DB

USB stick in the socket (at least 4 GB for me) and hit the red record button. But what is the question?

To record, make sure you are pressing the bottom right hand button. It has a hard to see red dot on it and not the all red button just below the volume control.

Some of the drives have a "sleep" mode ... these will not work for timer record, because to wake them up you have to press play, then stop, and wait 10 seconds. Then you can press record or play as you wish. Many of the bigger drives are that way. (All of them that I have purchased.) None of the 80Gig and below that I have used have sleep modes.

CORRECTION

Some of the drives have a "sleep" mode ... these will not work for timer record, because to wake them up you have to press play,
then press EXIT,

and wait 10 seconds. Then you can press record or play as you wish. Many of the bigger drives are that way. (All of them that I have purchased.) None of the 80Gig and below that I have used have sleep modes.

I could not edit my original post so I reposted to correct to read press EXIT, not stop button.... This will wake up the drive so you can record. IF when you press the play button you get the list of the files you have on the drive, it is ready to record, but you must still press exit to be able to made the recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts