Fortec Star 240cm Polar Mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Canadian company:

Their headquarters is in the city of Mississauga, a suburb of Toronto.

Fortec Star Satellites
click on Distributors

edit: well, I cannot be sure they have that dish with a polar mount.
I think they do, but couldn't confirm.
If they give you any trouble, contact SatelliteAV in California and see what they can do for you.
Their GeoSatPro 2.4m dish does come with a polar mount.
Read a pretty nice review of it, and nearly bought one last year!

Last edited:
I know that the 180cm one does have a polar mount.

You can get a hold of Fortec through their web site. You'll most likely hear back from Don McEwen.

Just keep in mind that shipping will be expensive. Shipping a 180cm dish from Mississauga to Halifax was going to be $110. A second dish would have made it $130. It would be shipped on a skid, which is about 4' x 4' x 6". Shipping rates will be determined by volume. So for the 180cm I was looking at 48" x 48" x 23". You will have to arrange for shipping yourself with a pickup at Ranger Logistics in Mississauga and they will charge a $15 dock fee.

I was looking at ordering one just before Christmas but I ended up asking for a free one on Kijiji, and got 7.5' quite quickly. Had to drive an hour each way to get it but it was equally cheaper for the gas than it was for the dock fee I'd had to have paid otherwise.

Brought it home in my Legacy wagon - my super car. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)