Fortec Star firmware update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Ok. I was looking on the web site and it says if I do a firmware update for the Fortec Star Mercury II receiver it will void my waranty. This is weird why then does it come with the cable to upgrade it. :confused: They should have updated it before it was sent to me its dated 2006. Anyone else not update it? :confused:

That's pretty much their standard disclaimer. It gives the company an "out" if you screw up the box during your frequent loading of "pirate" firmware . That being said, pretty much everyone tries to keep their box up to date, the new updates fix genuine problems.
To load it :
1) Turn Merc II off at back switch.
2) start loader program, and select new file.
3) start the load at the computer
4) turn on Merc II at back switch. The Merc will sense an active cable attached and start loading.
5) After download has finished , and Merc has rebooted itself, check the version information, and ascertain that it is the version that you just loaded.
You should be just fine.

:)

That's pretty much their standard disclaimer. It gives the company an "out" if you screw up the box during your frequent loading of "pirate" firmware . That being said, pretty much everyone tries to keep their box up to date, the new updates fix genuine problems.
To load it :
1) Turn Merc II off at back switch.
2) start loader program, and select new file.
3) start the load at the computer
4) turn on Merc II at back switch. The Merc will sense an active cable attached and start loading.
5) After download has finished , and Merc has rebooted itself, check the version information, and ascertain that it is the version that you just loaded.
You should be just fine.

Wow that was easy. I'm updated... what did it change? lol
It said my waranty was now void. lol. Oh well it was only $89 and it still works. I hate outdated firmware. :)

Glad you had a good experience. :)
It would be nicer if they arrived with the latest, but we can pretty much guess that they sit in warehouse after manufacture until sold, never again to be touched by anyone but the customer. For all I know they don't even make them anymore . They just have a supply on hand.

Glad you had a good experience. :)
It would be nicer if they arrived with the latest, but we can pretty much guess that they sit in warehouse after manufacture until sold, never again to be touched by anyone but the customer. For all I know they don't even make them anymore . They just have a supply on hand.
Yeah been sitting in the warehouse so long the batteries that came with it were bad. lol. No wonder it was only $89. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)