Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TempoNick

Original poster
Mar 12, 2016
Midwest
I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver and dish I installed for my immigrant grandmother about 15 years ago, who watched Eastern European TV. She has since passed. I have the receiver and the dish and was wondering whether it still has any useful purpose. I'm looking at the list of FTA satellite channels on Lyngsat and it's not exactly a compelling list -- it doesn't exactly make me want to climb the roof and go through the trouble of reinstalling this thing again.

Any thoughts?

There is good channels out there it is fun when they when they put a new channel up there. What type of channels interest you?

Galaxy 19 Ku at 97W has over 200 Free To Air channels from many parts of the world, if you are interested in that. Most probably that was satellite your grandmother was watching. If you want a list of satellites check out: http://www.global-cm.net/US KuBAND.pdf

Fortec made great receivers and dishes, I still have my original Fortec Dynamic set top box. It only receives MPEG-2 format though but I for the most part 97W is using MPEG-2. Danristheman has a good point, first figure out what you want to see, then proceed from there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts