Fortec Star Mercury II - first impressions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Howdy folks,
I recieved my new Fortec Star Mercury II receiver today (thanks Sadoun :) ) and thought I would let you all know my first impressions. In one word --NICE. I will be writing a full review as soon as i have time to really play with it.

I pulled it out of the box and looked it over. Nice small footprint, easy to see LED display, full functions available thru bottons on the front, including the menus. The remote is well laid out and seems easy to use, with a nice postive feel to the buttons.

Hooked it up to my p* aimed at g10 and powered up. After asking for my language I was led into the menus. Easy and straight forward, no guessing, very simple to set up for a single dish feed.

Now comes the test, how fast does it power scan? You have a lot of scan options with this box including frequencies included, steps (i assume this is frequency steps) and scan detail. I told it to scan at default, which is 6 steps ( 4 being the lowest) and to do a detail scan.

Very fast for power scans. I was able to scan g10 vertical in 6, count em 6, minutes. Much, much faster than my satworks, i will comparasion test later but for now i say about 2x as fast. One neat little feature is percentage of scan done is shown on the front LED display.

Signal meter seems very steady, esp compared to my pansat. Picture quality is nice, colors seem well balanced.

Anyways, thats all for now, I am pretty beat, been moving my shop to a new location and had to move 3 tons of assorted potting soils by hand today. As soon as I get the new shop set up and have some free time I will write a full review.

Once again, THANKS Satelliteguys and Sadoun for this nice STB.

Last edited:
COOL!

I know what you mean with the fast scan. The Pansats can be very slow :)

Cant wait for the review

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts