fortec ultra problems!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
my receiver came shipped with software 2.29. diseqc 1.2 would not work. I upgraded to software 2.44 (from fortec star website using their supplied uploader program). Now diseqc 1.2 works great. OK here we go...... i loaded about 17 ku satellites in memory and power scanned all 17. after that i had a crap load of channels and all was good until receiver locked up. I tried a hard boot (switched off rocker switch on back for a minute and turned back on). When it re-booted, all of my antenna positions were lost. In the antenna setup menu under "lnb type" it read "enregister" . Under "22khz" part of the menu it read "10000" a lot of total irrelevent data was displayed under the antenna setup menu. I had to go back and reprogram all of my satellite postions. (the reason i don't use usals - i don't have a usals compliant motor). When i try to use usals mode, i am pointed true south and my correct long and lat are entered in the usals setup menu correctly, but when i choose a satellite for example galaxy 10R @ 123W it always moves too far out of range, but not consistantly out of range. I have never been able to get that part right. I was told that the moteck sg-2100 won't work with usals. it is a straight up diseqc 1.2 motor only. I was told i need a STAB-H-H 120 for usals. when the receiver starts to tweak out on me i noticed the display bar at the bottom of the screen on the tv gets very faded when you change channels. Is this a memory problem? It seems to go away when you delete most of the stored satellites. Any input is appreciated. Trucker

The SG2100 motor works with USALS a few members here have this setup!
Who ever told you that probably wants you to buy the more expensive motor rather than the SG2100 that works flawlessly for most people here. But to be fair the SG2100 has no mention of USAL in the manual.

Have you tried to reset the motor to factory default? I don't know if it can be done on your but can be done on the SG2100, good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)