Found a Sonicview 8000 for $25.00 at a Salvation Army store earlier today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
damn only 3.49 huh at Rat Shack...and they had the part in stock

wonders never cease ;)

yup local RS had the caps B&M :eek:
I was also surprised and thanked them for having them.. for same day fix. :D

Saw a broken SV8000HD on craigslist, I'll see if its still up for grabs. Seller says it wont power on but does see a green light inside.. hehe, easy fix if I can grab it. Asking $75.00 for it, too much if not powering on. I will offer considerably less then that.. stay tuned.

hehe, just came home and got this broken baby, hangs on "boot" so should be an easy fix.
Also picked up 2 more caps from ratshack.

Oh and lady sold it for $35 cash after I told her it was pretty much useless and for "parts only" lol.

Just exchanged C10/C24 and fixed, boots and powers!.. and to my surprise (not) it has hack firmware 5 something hehe.
I need to clean this unit asap

A few weeks back I tried putting the factory firmware that is on the sonicview website on my HD8000 and it kept popping up error messages like you are saying "Must Upgrade Software" or something similar.. I ended up eventually finding a random hacked firmware on it from a year or two ago and the box works fine although there are some pirate functions in there that don't serve any purpose.. I ended up going this route after trying lots of different versions that claimed to be clean.. I suspect that SonicView didn't write any legit firmware version in years..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts