Found new HD DVR!!!

Status

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
98,602
15,667
Newington, CT
Mizee,

I got one for you. Why not send us a demo unit to do a review with (we will send it back after a week of playing with it)

If you are interested contact Sean or myself.

We will give it a nice honest review, and if your product is as good as you say it is a good review from us means $$$'s for you company. :)
 

Mizee

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 19, 2004
38
0
deArgila said:
What the hell are you talking about!? What are these "general channels" you're talking about - name them.

PS - and YES, you can hook up firewire from a cable box and record it in HD with a DVHS. That's the whole point!

PPS - you still didn't answer my question - do you know what OTA stands for?
OVER THE AIR!. General channels Like TNT, FOX, HBO, NBC, ABC etc. is mostly Upscaled. these channels HDNET is different this is a special channel. Turn your channel to KCET look at over the air and look at the one from your cable box.
 

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 30, 2004
338
0
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Scott Greczkowski said:
Mizee,

I got one for you. Why not send us a demo unit to do a review with (we will send it back after a week of playing with it)

If you are interested contact Sean or myself.

We will give it a nice honest review, and if your product is as good as you say it is a good review from us means $$$'s for you company. :)
Yeah put your $ where your mouth is, the SPAM thread you started has been veiwed almost 900 times, (good advertising for free) Let some experts review your HD recorder.

MR.C
Free wifi hotspot in San Antonio
 

deArgila

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 2, 2004
151
0
Mizee said:
OVER THE AIR!. General channels Like TNT, FOX, HBO, NBC, ABC etc. is mostly Upscaled. these channels HDNET is different this is a special channel. Turn your channel to KCET look at over the air and look at the one from your cable box.

I don't get KCET. I've never even heard of it. Looking online, it seems that it's your local PBS.

I've got to tell you - PBS, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX - the HD channels available OTA here in Chapel Hill, NC look EXACTLY the same as they do via cable.

So, tell me - how does your box record HBO-HD, TNT-HD - two "general channels" you listed? As those are clearly not available OTA.
 

Mizee

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 19, 2004
38
0
deArgila said:
I don't get KCET. I've never even heard of it. Looking online, it seems that it's your local PBS.

I've got to tell you - PBS, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX - the HD channels available OTA here in Chapel Hill, NC look EXACTLY the same as they do via cable.

So, tell me - how does your box record HBO-HD, TNT-HD - two "general channels" you listed? As those are clearly not available OTA.

GRRRRR... Dude you are not listening to me... Its is encrypted that is why it will not record yet. but once the firewire is open then we can!!!. you kind of get what im saying? Nothing will. I dont know what kind of connection you have with DVHS.
 

Mizee

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 19, 2004
38
0
Scott Greczkowski said:
Mizee,

I got one for you. Why not send us a demo unit to do a review with (we will send it back after a week of playing with it)

If you are interested contact Sean or myself.

We will give it a nice honest review, and if your product is as good as you say it is a good review from us means $$$'s for you company. :)

Fine Review. will be good. Tomorrow i'll cantact you. will be good im leaving the office. Full money back Guarantee.!!!!!! no more $50.00. use it as HD tuner and recorder. FULL MONEY BACK.
 

deArgila

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 2, 2004
151
0
Mizee said:
GRRRRR... Dude you are not listening to me... Its is encrypted that is why it will not record yet. but once the firewire is open then we can!!!. you kind of get what im saying? Nothing will. I dont know what kind of connection you have with DVHS.
You're not listening.

Cable box - via firewire - to DVHS will record cable HD channels in HD.

If you can't do this now with your box (by replacing the DVHS in the chain) you'll never be able to.

I'll await the review.

As far as the review ... here are a few things I'd like to know ...

1. What's the EPG like? Does it use TVGuide? Does it have a "Season pass" type feature? How does it deal with recording conflicts?
2. Is QAM available?
3. Can you watch something you've recorded while it's recording?
4. Can you start watching a show from the beginning while it's recording (i.e., show starts recording at 8:00 - you start watching it at 8:15 and "catch up")
5. Typical "trick play" functions - pause, rewind live TV
6. Edit shows before burning to DVD
7. PQ PQ PQ
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
98,602
15,667
Newington, CT
Ok folks...

Let's not argue with Mizee, he has agreed to let us test this unit, and I can't think of anyone better to test it then our own Sean Mota.

I am sure Sean will give it a fair evaluation.

Instead of Mizee talking for the unit we should let the unit talk for itself. After all when all is said and done Mizee could have a great unit on his hands!
 

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
753
1
Chicagoland, IL
Mizee said:
Fine Review. will be good. Tomorrow i'll cantact you. will be good im leaving the office. Full money back Guarantee.!!!!!! no more $50.00. use it as HD tuner and recorder. FULL MONEY BACK.
Sounds like he'll be charging you for the "demo" test with the option of getting your money back after trialing it. And he'll even waive the $50 restocking fee. Awwww, how nice. :rolleyes:
 

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 30, 2004
338
0
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Mizee said:
Fine Review. will be good. Tomorrow i'll cantact you. will be good im leaving the office. Full money back Guarantee.!!!!!! no more $50.00. use it as HD tuner and recorder. FULL MONEY BACK.
has sean or scott or wasch been contacted? anyone heard from Mizee? LOL, I would like to hear about the test results.

MR<C
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
98,602
15,667
Newington, CT
He Pmed me last night asking for my phone number, I told him to contact Sean, he is a much better HD tester then me. :)
 

wasch_24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
1,073
0
Nothern Virginia, D.C. Area
And nothing yet, huh? Looking at the grammar and sentence structure in Mizee's posts here as well as the web-site it all seems a little fishy to me. Only time will tell if this is all a scam or not.
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
98,602
15,667
Newington, CT
We will find out, for now I am giving Mizee the benefit of the doubt, after all he may have a decent product.

If you read some of my postings and saw some of my grammar and sentence structure you would be wondering as well. :D
 
Status

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top