Found new HD DVR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the call today. It will be shipped to me without any cost next week. So, I may have it by the first week in August.

You have to go to your Post Office and find column number 9 and 10. There's a column in between I think it's labeled 9 3/4, run into it full steam, Sean, and you should have your HD DVR. Or end up in Hogwart's either way it should be a nice experience.

Mizee said:
You are right. DVD wont do it. If for example you go to nero and burn it as DVD compression. If you did it this way. the 8.5GB disk will hold 4 hours. That is why there is another way to save the file. it will not play in all DVD player. Just like SVCD compared to DVD or jsut regular VCD. From the tuner that this system have will save it in a certain file. just like .mpg .avi. it will have its own extention. So what you do it just drag that video to the DVD and it will record in HD. that is why you will only get 1 hour.

Apparently you won't be able to play your backup DVDs from this system in regular stand alone DVD players because of the non-standard file format. This is a deal breaker. And so is the price of blank media ~$14 per disc.

have we heard again from these folks,??? or is the STB still in the mail....
hell time-life ships quicker...lol

my wife wanted one just to record (CBS) cold case till she read the dvd wouldnt play in all DVD players.

i apologize for not getting back to you guys right away. our surveillance systems were going crazy the end of the month so the manual wasn't ready. you can play it in regular DVD players if you record on DVD format. I'll call you Sean again soon. I'm sorry again.

Mizee said:
i apologize for not getting back to you guys right away. our surveillance systems were going crazy the end of the month so the manual wasn't ready. you can play it in regular DVD players if you record on DVD format. I'll call you Sean again soon. I'm sorry again.

good to know that you didnt disappear, We are looking forward to the review.

Mizee said:

Geez - how are we supposed to read the review in enough time to order one and get it before the Olympics start up? Seems like this would be of some priority.

Mizee said:
you can play it in regular DVD players if you record on DVD format.

Anyone know what this means exactly? I assume it means loosing the ability to record in HD - in which case it would be much cheaper to just buy a Tivo.

Mizee for Pres.

im startin to wonder? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• wafflecd.gif
    wafflecd.gif
    37.9 KB · Views: 182
I removed the link for his posts. I am starting to think the units do not perform as advertised. We would love to review it and give him exposure, but at the moment his origional posts are now considered spam.

If he would like to advertise with us he can contact us for rates. ;)

HD360 Ready

Sorry for the delay the system is ready. We had some stuff that we needed to take care of. Again I appologize. We are very please of the out come of the hold. I hope you guys get to test our system soon.

Ken Thompson said:
Anyone know what this means exactly? I assume it means loosing the ability to record in HD - in which case it would be much cheaper to just buy a Tivo.

Im sorry didnt get to reply to this. We have 2 ways of backing up to a DVD. one way is by just copying the file which is it's own format full HD quality. Also the other will be available soon and you will be able to upgrade your system with. You can downscale to DVD quality so you can put it in DVD format. Also this upgrade will enable you to edit the recorded video.

Mizee said:
Im sorry didnt get to reply to this. We have 2 ways of backing up to a DVD. one way is by just copying the file which is it's own format full HD quality. Also the other will be available soon and you will be able to upgrade your system with. You can downscale to DVD quality so you can put it in DVD format. Also this upgrade will enable you to edit the recorded video.

Mizee,

So you can't edit the recorded video on the HD right now. Is the upgrade going to be available for the evaluation that we are going to do.

Sean Mota said:
Mizee,

So you can't edit the recorded video on the HD right now. Is the upgrade going to be available for the evaluation that we are going to do.

right now it's not here yet. they are doing the teting in taiwan. our softwares are developed over there. I sent you the frorm in your email...

Mizee said:
right now it's not here yet. they are doing the teting in taiwan. our softwares are developed over there. I sent you the frorm in your email...

Ok. I completed the form and faxed it back...Hope you've got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)