Found new HD DVR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technut said:
kinda pricy.

$1200 for recording HD local programming is NUTS..l0l..
MR. C

You can get a $199 HDTV capture card and record to your TV, and output to mpeg 2 or mpeg 4, which you can convert to other formats like WMP9 or xvid (mpeg 4 varient).
Paired up on my PC to two 120 gig drives in RAID 0 for a 240 gig storage for HD content.

If you have media center PC with HDTV output capability it makes a cheap way to capture TV.

It will capture HDTV OTA and SD cable sources.

Ominous1 said:
You can get a $199 HDTV capture card and record to your TV, and output to mpeg 2 or mpeg 4, which you can convert to other formats like WMP9 or xvid (mpeg 4 varient).
Paired up on my PC to two 120 gig drives in RAID 0 for a 240 gig storage for HD content.

If you have media center PC with HDTV output capability it makes a cheap way to capture TV.

It will capture HDTV OTA and SD cable sources.

I challenge you to send that system to Sean. It is true that you can do something like this. We have done more to the system to get to the quality that we have. Just like alienware for gamer PC's. You can make a strong system but it still wont have the refresh rate like alienware.. We have the same concept. As you say with PC.? how much can you get a good PC? how much can you make the quality better. how much for that Video card. and how about if you just cant get it right? So I guess the product does have an advantage to then right? PC, HD recorder, you can burn stuff to DVD in HD quality DVD quality, music CD, Also you can Schedule recording remotely while you are in your office trough the Internet, and more as I said it is enhanced not like any other PC. why will we waist our time to build this and market it if it was just another PC with a add-on card.

hey mizee,

has your companies unicorn made it too production, or is it still a prototype?
Has your product been shiped to sean and when can we expect the Bedawins to deliver ? How long as your co. been is biz ?

just curious ? I have never known the USPS to take a month to ship

Mizee 07-20-2004, 05:40 PM - Fine Review. will be good. Tomorrow i'll cantact you. will be good im leaving the office. Full money back Guarantee.!!!!!! no more $50.00. use it as HD tuner and recorder. FULL MONEY BACK.

my thoughts
MR/C
http://www.sanantoniowifi.tk/

Technut said:
hey mizee,

has your companies unicorn made it too production, or is it still a prototype?
Has your product been shiped to sean and when can we expect the Bedawins to deliver ? How long as your co. been is biz ?

just curious ? I have never known the USPS to take a month to ship

my thoughts
MR/C
http://www.sanantoniowifi.tk/

Right now it is in between prototype & a production product. We need a several people to eval the system before total production which Sean is kind enough to do for us. We have been in biz for almost 20yr in digital recording. Other product right now is for digital sruveillance, cctv. We did ship the product to sean speaking of. Sean here is the tracking # 249500010000696.

I was able to play with it a little tonight after setting it up. I was able to record OTA but the real question will be the HD recording on DVD. I am going to order a pack of three dvd's just to satisfy my curiosity. I will give a in-depth review after I evaluate the DVD recording. So please hold the questions until I get the DVDs.

Wow, i am excited to hear what sean has to say about this... And really hope the bugs with the box are almost non existent, so it can hit the mainstream voom market soon.. Yay keep the good stuff coming voom...

Sean,
Can you also compare the features in Mizee's product with the Promised Voom HD DVR product?
Thanks

Guys,

remember that this is not the VOOM DVR. This is ONLY an OTA DVR that is able to record OTA HD only (it can record digital as well but I am sure everyone is interested in the HD part).

Mizee's product and the VOOM HD DVR are quite different. I will try to get those DVDs locally and see if I can accelerate the process.

Sean Mota said:
I was able to play with it a little tonight after setting it up. I was able to record OTA but the real question will be the HD recording on DVD. I am going to order a pack of three dvd's just to satisfy my curiosity. I will give a in-depth review after I evaluate the DVD recording. So please hold the questions until I get the DVDs.

Just copy the file as DATA. so you preserve the HD quality. to Playback copy to HDD again.

Mizee said:
Just copy the file as DATA. so you preserve the HD quality. to Playback copy to HDD again.
Can it play from the DVD directly, or do you have to copy it to the HDD first?

Ilya said:
Can it play from the DVD directly, or do you have to copy it to the HDD first?

copy to HDD first. The reason for this is because DVD is too slow for HD. I dont mean the read speed like DVD player 10x, 20x, or 52x. What I mean is image/frame relay speed. If you want to use just the DVD player you must convert to DVD.

Mizee said:
copy to HDD first. The reason for this is because DVD is too slow for HD. I dont mean the read speed like DVD player 10x, 20x, or 52x. What I mean is image/frame relay speed. If you want to use just the DVD player you must convert to DVD.

If you change to DVD, do you lose the HD resolution of the program. Can't you just play the DVD and have the HD resolution in there? If I get your point correctly then DVD is only for archiving purposes, not for playing. Am I correct? Let me know because I will cancel the order of DVDs. I was under the impression that it will be able to play the DVD and show the HD program.

Mizee said:
I see. I don't think there are 10x DVD players yet, but if they existed that could've been sufficient for MPEG2-compressed HD stream. Even 6x would've been fast enough, I think.

Sean Mota said:
If I get your point correctly then DVD is only for archiving purposes, not for playing. Am I correct?
Sean, that's what the web site states too. Just archiving (as a data file).

For some reason I had something else in mind. I guess this work great with the JVC 3000 unit. To be able to archive it and play it from the same medium.

yup illya is correct the dvd is just way too slow. but the system is fully upgradable. from us.

Sean How is the quality? Did you see the demo clip that we have left in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.