Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoker_x1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
US
Hello All,

I need your help to decide what to do next.

On the day I tried the steps posted on Tvropro’s web site, maybe 1/6/11, unknown to me my vertical polarization was not working. When I removed the dead 922 and replaced it with a spare 922, I called my tech guy and asked him what settings to use. He told me how to set up my presets for C-band and KU band LNB. That was wrong because he forgot that we installed a new LNBF three months earlier. When I removed the old receiver and replaced it with the spare receiver using LNB settings, could not change polarities. Could only watch channels with horizontal polarity because that was the polarity of the LNBF when I pulled the old receiver out.

Now, when I followed the steps for conversion, the receiver did not down load any vertical channels and as a result the XC chip would not authorize any of the channels V or H. So the map for X4 is corrupted and only shows Horizontal channels when surfing X4. All the current horizontal DCII channels say “are not currently authorized”. All the vertical channels are missing. Once I changed the setting to Cband KUband LNBF, everything worked, but X4 remains corrupt.

Once I find a work around for this X4 problem, I plan to duplicate this problem again while reading the stream and then dump the XC chip. I have made some progress with 4play and this mistake may provide some new info.

Anyway, I hope I have been clear in explaining my problem. So what do I do now?

I can’t watch my subs.

If you go to X4 and unplug your receiver (soft boot) can you get the channel map to fix itself?

Last edited:
Did it! Now my trip counter shows 0 and channels 4562. How long do I need to let it set to fix the map? Should I rehit the 922 at this time or wait 20 minutes for the fix?

if your map is still corrupt remove it from the programmed sats and tune anything on w5 for a couple minutes. soft reset and re add x4 to your programmed sats. the channel counts are going to be different in a few scenarios. you know your map is good when the dmx channels move to the 900's.

crackt out,.

Hi Crackt,

Don't forget that my replacement receiver doesn't have W5 in it. CF is also corrupted.

Tvropro,

Something changed but not right yet. I now have all the DMX channels, but they are listed starting at 820-856. Channel count remains the same at 6 5 system status. 6 7 7 8 1 now show 4740 for channel count. The 922 is reading the stream but still don't have all the channels on X4 and still not in the right location.

did you soft reset or remove the power cord??? if that dont work, try to manually tune 1190.000, 1250.000 or 1430.000 on w5 and one of them will update the x4 map as long as its not programmed in to your available sats.

crackt out,.

Hi Crackt,

There is no W5 mapped in with this receiver. That is the big problem. Also, X4 is mapped in but it is corrupted. Does not have vertical channels mapped. I did unplug the receiver and it did add some new channels. For example: I had five DMX channels at 300 something, don't remember the numbers, before unplugging, and now after unplugging and waiting 20 minutes, and now they have moved to 820-856. Before = 5 Now = 36. That is a good change, but they are not listed in the 900 range yet.

i understand you have no w5 map. you dont need a w5 map to correct your issue. im referring to w5 as the satellite position, ie 105w. point your dish there. remove the x4 as i said above and press options 6-7-7-8-1 and try to tune the frquencies i suggested. when you get a dc2 lock sit on that frequency for a couple minutes. then re add x4 and report back.

crackt out,.

did you soft reset or remove the power cord??? if that dont work, try to manually tune 1190.000, 1250.000 or 1430.000 on w5 and one of them will update the x4 map as long as its not programmed in to your available sats.

crackt out,.

Your quote "as long as its not programmed into your available sats", what does that mean. If I go to options and punch in 6 4 4 and look for X4, are you saying it should not be there, or are you saying that when I push Sat button on remote, X4 doesn't show up as available?

Frequency 1250,000 and 1430.000 both work manually.

Tvropro,

Something changed but not right yet. I now have all the DMX channels, but they are listed starting at 820-856. Channel count remains the same at 6 5 system status. 6 7 7 8 1 now show 4740 for channel count. The 922 is reading the stream but still don't have all the channels on X4 and still not in the right location.

Try this, write down the position for X4 move the dish to GO, remove X4, do a soft boot then go back to the position for X4 with GO, Tune to channel 10 get a DC2 light and wait 15 minutes. Then add X4 and see if its right.

I did that once before. But I will do it again as something worth doing is worth doing again. My wife told me that. I will let you know shortly.

Hey Tvropro,

No CF, no X4, both removed. Moved to Go and selected 644 and then moved to where X4 is located. Haven't saved it there. I do not have a green DCII lock on channel 10 with GO. Should I, or is something wrong? Should I save GO at X4 location? If I don't, I can't check 65 or 67781 as GO will move back to it's proper position.

Store in GO at X4 then manual tune to frequency 1430.00, Options 67781. Scroll down to the box below that reads tune. Push enter on tune. This should bring up a DCII light on the front of the box. If not check polarity and repeat. Also you can try 1410.00. when you get a DC lock light let it sit 15 minutes than store in X4 and see if its right.

Hi Tvropro,

I have saved it and manually tuned it to 1430.000 three time now. Channel 10 will not lock. Checked polarity and V has check mark. Signal strength is 60. What do I do now?

Just checked channel 13. It is horizontal and has signal 100 quality 99. Channel 10 has signal 60 and quality 1.

Go to channel 1 and try 1430.00 again than 1410.00 if it don't lock. Your maps may be so corrupted that you may have to end up doing a MR. Do you get 216 style on X4 with a lock? If you do and the other idea don't work see if you can do a hit. That might refresh the channel map.

No luck....

If I do a master reset, what sat titles will be mapped in? Of those sats, which sat would I use to try this process again? Could I be facing the same or worse problem? I know there wont be a W5 mapped in to start the ball rolling and no generics to help.

X4 channels start at 250. No style 216.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts