Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

As long as they are back in time for NASCAR next February, I'm good. In the meantime...duke it out all you want.

Just saw a post about this on the Reddit NASCAR sub as well...So far Dish is taking a pasting on there, mostly as if Fox had not part in it.

As long as they are back in time for NASCAR next February, I'm good. In the meantime...duke it out all you want.

Just saw a post about this on the Reddit NASCAR sub as well...So far Dish is taking a pasting on there, mostly as if Fox had not part in it.

I've found that most customers are not informed and blame whoever it is that they are paying their bill to.

NFL on FOX also debuts tonight but it's also on the NFL Network so not a big loss for most viewers...but I bet the timing is not a coincidence.

Reactions: pattykay
I've found that most customers are not informed and blame whoever it is that they are paying their bill to.

See Post #8 and #10.

Yep...takes two to tango, as the saying goes. Its interesting to watch who gets more blame in the court of public opinion. In the end, neither side gives a rip about the general public in these measuring contests.

Just checked channel 32 out of Chicago and they want folks who use hopper 3 DVR to use locast or use Roku or a over the air antenna.

Reactions: pattykay
Yep...takes two to tango, as the saying goes. Its interesting to watch who gets more blame in the court of public opinion. In the end, neither side gives a rip about the general public in these measuring contests.

Yeah, I mean if you think about it, outside of the .01% of the population that uses this site, the common person has no clue what a "retrans dispute" even is. I know Dish tries hard to educate customers on its side of the story, (and make them think they are disputing on our behalf) but nobody cares about Dish's side. The customer wants the product. They don't want the labor pains, they just want the baby. It would be like Proctor and Gamble trying to educate customers on why they can't get a good deal on a toothpaste ingredient. Why do I care what P&G's problems are? Either sell me the toothpaste or I'll buy it from somebody else.

If Dish thinks the negotiating process is wrong or unfair, they should lobby Congress, not their customers.

Last edited:
So, I just tried to get the DISH customer support on the phone to send me an OTA antenna and adapter. She said that I am not eligible. How is that? I am a long-time customer, have not asked for anything special in the past when these disputes have occurred, and I have a Fox local station within range of my address. How do I get the OTA antenna offer mentioned at the beginning of this forum post? Any advice from the regulars here would be appreciated.

Starting to think dish is just f**king with baseball fans, since the playoffs start next week on fs1. Also, if this affected the sec or acc, I guarantee dish caves seconds before kickoff.
The causality there is the Disney ownership, not necessarily the conferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)