Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

We’ve been Dish customers for 21 years, this may just be the final straw for us. I’ve been loyal even with all the crazy stuff that’s happened. we might watch 20 channels of the 200+ that we pay for. We can get a few OTA channels, but the regional sports is why we’ve stayed for the last two years, no other cable opt for our area. Streaming is sluggish at 6mbps with two teenagers, three gaming consoles, 4 computers, plus all our cellphones. We will be getting fiber optic to the home by mid next year and that was when I was planning to drop Dish.

This is really affecting me. First I lost my ability to watch my Cleveland Indians when Dish lost Fox Sports Ohio. I also lost the ability to watch the Cincinnati Reds when Dish lost Fox Sports Cincinnati. Now it looks like I will lose the ability to watch my OSU Buckeyes now that Dish has lost the Big 10 network.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Fox is running an obviously pre-prepared promo blaming Dish and urging people to switch providers. What you might call Malice Aforethought. Disgusting.

So has anyone heard anything about Fox News or FX/FXX, National Geographic.. Are they on the docket next to leave?

Fox is running an obviously pre-prepared promo blaming Dish and urging people to switch providers. What you might call Malice Aforethought. Disgusting.
Please. It's not like both sides didn't know this was coming, of course they were going to want to put their side out there.

I don't get why Dish gets a free pass from so many on this forum over these disputes. It takes two to tango. We get told that Fox wants to charge an unreasonable amount to carry their channels, but who actually knows?

The RSNs have been gone for what, two months? If Dish is so dedicated to standing up for it's customers, how come my bill hasn't been reduced by whatever amount they were paying when they did have those channels?

The streamers are cutting their own throats. They expect folks to sub to 2, 3 or more services, none compatible with each other.
I don't see why you'd need more than one. And besides, you can switch whenever you want, since there are no long-term contracts or installation.

Do you mean the ones Ru Paul sponsors?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.
Really.gif

These disputes are irritating, I agree, but I'm not going to sub to 3, 4 or 5 different streaming services to get the programming - AT&T, CBS, and likely Disney next are all starting (or already have) streaming counterparts or offerings. I refuse to sub to all these services!! They won't get a dime of my money...

The only thing I watch on FS1 is bowling, but with the nonsense earlier this year with the Portland audience yelling and chanting like they were at a drunken college frat party, well... I don't miss that.

They're not airing any new episodes now anyway, so it's a moot point.