Fox Business Added

Something is wrong when I get Fox Business, but can't get my own local ABC channel because of "disputes."

Yes, let's not make the thread about politics. The fact is, Fox News, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, and CNN Headline News all see high enough rating to justify HD. We should all be able to chose where we get our news. Personally, I chose NPR and The Daily Show, so I don't care. Fox News comes now simply because the latter 2 have no HD counterparts yet. But don't begrudge those that want them. Sadly, everyone drooling over the arrival of FNC will probably be the biggest complainers when MSNBC HD is added.

And the ratings of Fox News have nothing to do FBN's ratings. They are separate channels. You think USA got 3 million for a 30 second commercial just because sister network NBC was getting the high superbowl ratings? Or, to put in another way, Fox owns most of National Geographic. Should that go in to AT200 because Fox News is popular? Of course not, that makes no sense as they are separate channels like FNC and FBN.

CNN in HD... Fox in SD... Channels devoted to Democratic Convention coverage... Sorry--but what a platter to serve up! How can this thread at least not HINT at politics?! :p

And... For the symbol/high-hat crash: All this channel dropping/adding is their way of saying you don't need Comedy Central in HD... Dish Network provides the comedy--all you can do is laugh at our antics!! (The reverend Jimmy Buffett once said, "If we didn't laugh we would all go insane!")

Seriously: Something is bound to happen in February--with the new satellite and the rate increases. And, to quote Mike Myers portraying Dieter, I'll be, "as happy as a little girl" when Comedy Central has the semi-transparent HD behind itself on the program guide. :D

Guys if this talks to political talk your posts will be removed. Some folks like the Fox channels others don't but you have a choice to watch what you want. :)

Scott. Will you please post on the front page the package FBC hd and FNC hd will be in as soon as it is confirmed.

A summary:

1. Fox Business Channel has been placed in AT 250.

2. Fox Business Channel HD has been placed in TurboHD Gold.

3. Fox Business Channel is @ 110w and 72.7w and is viewable by subs now.

4. Fox Business Channel HD is @ 61.5w and 129w but will not be viewable to subs untill Ciel-2 goes live and the transfer is made from E5.

5. Fox News Channel is still placed in AT200.

6. Fox News Channel HD has been placed in TurboHD Silver.

7. Fox News Channel is @ 119w and 72.7w and of course is still viewable by subs.

8. Fox News Channel HD is @ 61.5w and 129w but will not be viewable by subs untll Ciel-2 goes live and the transfer is made from E5.

Does this all sound correct? Please refute if you think I got something wrong.

A summary:

4. Fox Business Channel HD is @ 61.5w and 129w but will not be viewable to subs untill Ciel-2 goes live and the transfer is made from E5.

7. Fox News Channel is @ 119w and 72.7w and of course is still viewable by subs.

8. Fox News Channel HD is @ 61.5w and 129w but will not be viewable by subs untll Ciel-2 goes live and the transfer is made from E5.

There has been one confirmed report of someone having access to FBN HD

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1688138-post109.html

Fox News HD is also viewable to non-subs on 9477 but it is red

I'm waiting to see how scary Glenn Beck is in HD.

I watched his show today. It's actually pretty good, I like his energy anyway. I'm just scared they might make his show into 3D (since that's all the rage lately). I don't think I could handle him coming out of my TV. :)

Fox business just launched last july and is still building its.audience. Personally, 'm looking forward to more Dagin McDowell.

Well there pretty much golden on audience now they have what 18 million more viewers now thanks to dish. Hello ad $$$$$ for fox business. Personally i love/hate fox news i cannot take it serious at all but its funny as hell to watch.lol to each his own though

A summary:

This is what I was told.

1. Yes

2. Gold HD yes Turbo Gold NO

3. yes

4. Sometime on 2/3/2009 it will be live

5. No moved down to AT 100

6. Bronze HD yes Turbo Bronze NO *EDIT*

7. yes

8. Sometime on 2/3/2009 it will be live

Thanks for the additional news.

Sry had to change my answer to question 6..... Bronze not Silver

It is strange that the standalone package "Turbo" will not be getting the channels

Also is is good to see Fox News and E resolving their issues and the Fox News channel moving down to the Classic Bronze 100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts